Author Topic: Not always able to scroll down on Facebook  (Read 931 times)

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Not always able to scroll down on Facebook
« on: Friday 01 June 18 15:54 BST (UK) »
Every now and again my screen 'locks' and I cannot scroll up or down. It usually lets me get nearly to the bottom of the first page and then just stops. Other times I can scroll down with no problems, but on an odd occasion it stops halfway down the page.
It is not the mouse playing up, because it will not scroll using the pad on my keyboard either. The only way I can clear this is to click off FB then back in, but of course you never find yourself at the same article again.
Has anybody else come across this problem? I would appreciate any help please.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Mike Morrell (NL)

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Not always able to scroll down on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 June 18 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat, no I've never experienced the same problem and I have little idea what the cause might be.

My gut feeling is that the problem may be related to:
- your PC (and running programs), i.e. your browser 'hangs' when it gets overwhelmed
- your browser (and version) hangs when it encounters something it can't quite cope with

I normally use Chrome but the last couple of months, I've noticed that a few of my usual websites don't work any more with Chrome but do work with FireFox or Edge.

I suggest you try Facebook with a different browser.  It's not a long-term solution but it will help you figure out whether the problem lies with your normal browser.
Photo restorers may re-use and improve on my posted versions. Acknowledgement appreciated.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 June 18 22:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mike, I'll get my son to have a look at your suggestions. It has done it two more times since I originally posted, so it is getting to be a bit of a nuisance.
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline pinot

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 June 18 00:43 BST (UK) »
Just had the same problem myself, as is common; FB seemes to hog memory far more than other tabs on my bar, including RChat, and is reluctant for me to leave. My latest recourse (before going to task manager to exit my browser as I've done before) was to click on the Windows key and all was well again. (Tonight, at least)