Author Topic: Baptism of Edward Freeman GISSING about 1850 Eye Suffolk  (Read 627 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism of Edward Freeman GISSING about 1850 Eye Suffolk
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 June 18 11:49 BST (UK) »
Death Reg;
BETSY FREEMAN Gissing 1899, 5689
Parents Frank SHELTON and Sarah (STARBUCK)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 June 18 12:01 BST (UK) »
Its him;
Death Reg;
FREEMAN Edw year 1902   Reg. no10678
Father's name / Freeman Saml
Mother's maiden name / unknown (Bishop)

So it looks like Edward was married and took up with Betsy, had Edward 1880 and off to Australia.

Betsy may have been married also.

;

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 02 June 18 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Trish,

Thats just the beginning I am afraid.  Betsy is said to have married 3 times.    :o

To date cannot locate two of the said marriages.  Most curious. ;D  Nor the birth of her/their son. 

The death you located is, I think although I am still piecing it together,  possibly the grandson of the same named Edward whose birth was registered 1st q 1850. 

Given the picture is possibly confusing I wanted to be sure of Edward's baptism date and parents hence the post.

Another piece of confusion is the probate death index record -  is recorded for 1905 not 1902 so I am wondering if the 1905 is a typo or is there ANOTHER Edward Freeman GISSING?

Westy

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 June 18 12:28 BST (UK) »
I gave you the birth reg of their Son 1880 Northumberland?

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 02 June 18 12:30 BST (UK) »
Yes just found that one now which is great.  I wonder who was the recognised father?

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 02 June 18 12:33 BST (UK) »
Do you think its possible to find a baptism record???

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 02 June 18 12:37 BST (UK) »

1880 birth is Gissing, Mother Shelton, so Edward is likely to be Father on that one.

1902 Death Reg confirms Parents as Samuel/  and Mother Bishop.

Probate of Edward Freeman Gissing 1902 has  Edward Francis Freeman Gissing as his only child.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 02 June 18 12:38 BST (UK) »
I dont understand why the Baptism is so important ( I cant find one though)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 02 June 18 12:40 BST (UK) »
Birth Reg 1850 confirms his Mother as Bishop