Author Topic: William James Carson Maclam married Mary Robinson 1885 Orangeville Canada  (Read 1109 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William James Carson Maclam married Mary Robinson 1885 Orangeville Canada
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 19:04 BST (UK) »
Since William was apparently taken back to Alton (Caledon) for burial, I wonder if you might learn anything by contacting the cemetery. I believe the family was living in the Caledon area in the 1891 and 1901 censuses, if I remember correctly, so one would expect Mary to perhaps be buried there.

There is snail mail contact info in this link; I don't readily see an email addy.

https://caledon.cdncompanies.com/cemetery/alton-cemetery-caledon/

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 June 18 06:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you Manawaikan - Mary's parents are listed as Joseph & Ann Robinson - cannot find any other's with that Christian name combination in Ireland and Mary is close in birth year to my great grandmother whose parents were Joseph & Ann Robinson.  The Mary nee Robinson could be a sibling of my great grandmother.  The only other sibling I have for my g/grandmother is a chap named Joseph - named for his father, I presume.  There must have been others as the fashion for more than 2 children seemed to be in vogue for those times.   Census records not helpful as they are not comprehensive until 1901/11.  Mary had left Ireland by then.  Thanks and Regards - Dinny.

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 June 18 06:14 BST (UK) »
To Polar Bear - Apologies - the reply addressed to Manawaikian was intended for yourself.  Regards and thanks, Dinny.

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 14 June 18 06:19 BST (UK) »
Polar Bear - I went onto the site mentioned - they inform me that have 41,153 records for William James Carson Maclam.  As my primary interest is his first wife Mary, its going to take me quite a while to plough through the info contained.  Thank you for taking the time to acquire this info for me.  Regards - Dinny.

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 14 June 18 06:48 BST (UK) »
To Run Kitty - Thanks for the reference.  I have been to the site and noted the material.  Thanks - Regards - Dinny.