Offline kayla0609

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
De Bie
« on: Sunday 03 June 18 14:50 BST (UK) »
Can someone perhaps be able to help me.
I am looking for information on a print firm in Steenovenweg Utrecht Holland
It was known by the name J.De Bie Is there anyway i can find when it was first started and by whom.
It was a family member of my grand father but he and his father worked there at one time be early 1920/30 but all the family are dead now to be able to ask.
Dont believe the firm is still being used.
 thank you in hope

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: De Bie
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 June 18 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Kayla,

I thought I'd just start with finding general info regarding this company: I had a look in a few phone books from that time and searched various newspapers. I even checked the marriage records for a fair number of local grooms called "J* de Bie" in the hope one of them would have printer listed as an occupation.
=> Result: NOT one possible reference to a "J de Bie" printing company or a printing company in Steenovenweg (and definitely not any info re the foundations of this company either).

Hopefully somebody else will have more luck  ... However, my only remaining advice is to try the Utrecht Archives. I have no idea whether they can help you, but they might know somebody who can.
Their contact email: inlichtingen@hetutrechtsarchief.nl  (source: http://hetutrechtsarchief.nl/contact )

Sylvia