Author Topic: Ellen Fox Baptism  (Read 302 times)

Offline Rustyruss30

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ellen Fox Baptism
« on: Sunday 03 June 18 18:30 BST (UK) »
Ellen Fox was Married to Thomas Stockton 1844 Barthomley. Her father was Richard Fox He Marred Marry Whalley 1820 Barthomley. I have looked for her Baptism 1820 onwards but get children two John's William and Elizabeth ?????

If any one can help I'll be great full

Russell

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Fox Baptism
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 June 18 19:31 BST (UK) »
I get the same as you in that timescale -- with Elizabeth baptised in 1820.

I don't know if it's significant - but if I have the correct Ellen Stockton on census records, she is giving her birthplace as Weston?
West Yorks; ---- Illingworth, Marshall, Muffit/Muffett/Murfitt, Barber, Sanderson, Townend, Barraclough, Lister -- and lots more. Locations mainly in Birstall parish - Hartshead-- Drighlington --Adwalton --Mirfield - Heckmondwike --Kippax - Sherburn in Elmet.

Ireland ------Cleary, Whelan - Nenagh.
Dowling - Monasterevin
Daly - Westmeath

Lancashire ---- Smith from Alston , Johnson and Fairclough---- Tarleton and loads more from Tarleton and Accrington areas.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 June 18 19:35 BST (UK) »
Wonder if she was a relative's child and unofficially adopted - as the others were baptised in Barthomley.
West Yorks; ---- Illingworth, Marshall, Muffit/Muffett/Murfitt, Barber, Sanderson, Townend, Barraclough, Lister -- and lots more. Locations mainly in Birstall parish - Hartshead-- Drighlington --Adwalton --Mirfield - Heckmondwike --Kippax - Sherburn in Elmet.

Dowling - Monasterevin
Daly - Westmeath

Lancashire ---- Smith from Alston , Johnson and Fairclough---- Tarleton and loads more from Tarleton and Accrington areas.

Offline Rustyruss30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 June 18 01:12 BST (UK) »
Could Ellen be short for Elizabeth that what it is for Norwegian short name but not English ???

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 June 18 11:11 BST (UK) »
Rustyruss ----- That had also crossed my mind -- although it's an unusual abbreviation in the UK. Also - Ellen's birth year is on census records after her marriage is a little later than 1820 --- NOT that you can always rely on that of course.

Dowling - Monasterevin
Daly - Westmeath

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 04 June 18 12:02 BST (UK) »
Looking on Google, one or two sites have Ellie as a nickname for Elizabeth. Perhaps the Ellie stuck and was turned into Ellen over the years. Just a thought.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Rustyruss30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 04 June 18 12:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help

Russell