Author Topic: Question about some graves in Nottingham General Cemetery  (Read 316 times)

Offline jedidiah

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Question about some graves in Nottingham General Cemetery
« on: Sunday 03 June 18 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone can help me, but seeing previous posts some people have asked similar questions and people here have kindly been able to help. I have some relatives buried in the General Cemetery and I'm going up on Tuesday, I wanted to know if headstones exist for the graves im looking for, and even better if anyone has any maps or even rough location where within the cemtery i would need to be looking.
The graves are

Thanks in advance for any help!
best, Tom

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Question about some graves in Nottingham General Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 June 18 07:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

I have a database with gravestone monuments for General Cemetery but those graves are not on it so looks like no stones.  The cemetery is very large so you would be looking for a needle in a hay stack, your best bet would be to get in touch with the cemetery office at Wilford Hill Cemetery who has the records for the cemetery to see if they can send you a map with the graves marked on.

NG1
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jedidiah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Question about some graves in Nottingham General Cemetery
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 June 18 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hi, Thank you very much for checking that for me! I was hoping with 4 of them that at least one might have a headstone, but such is life!