Author Topic: Marriage of Hannah Cheeseman - John Seager Hadlow/ West Peckham area  (Read 781 times)

Offline Westfrem

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi
I'm looking for the marriage of Hannah Cheeseman and John Seager in the West Peckham area circa 1805. Does anyone have access to the registers of this area.

Thanks
West - Oxfordshire & Kent
Hucks - Kent
Fremlin - Kent & worldwide

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Hannah Cheeseman - John Seager Hadlow/ West Peckham area
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 June 18 15:58 BST (UK) »
I cant find that Marriage with my resources but there is one for a John SEAGAR to Hannah HUGGET 18 Apr 1807, St Peter, Ightham.
Witnesses, Richard Hugget and William Carter.

Maybe someone else will find the other possible Marriage for you :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Westfrem

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 June 18 16:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish,

I think that John did marry Hannah Hugget in Ightham but some confusion has arisen and I am trying to prove that Hannah Hugget born in Ryarsh is the Mrs John Seager who was living in West Peckham in 1841 (sadly no birthplace other than Kent because 1841 census). She died in 1851 before the next census was taken so I can't confirm the Ryarsh birth. Hannah Hugget's father was Richard and she had a brother Richard also so I believe the Ightham marriage to be the correct one but their is also a Hannah Hugget who married a Jonathan Godfrey in 1808 in Paddington (where some of the family moved to). Both Hannah Seager and Hannah Godfrey were born 1786!

Several trees on that infamous site have John Seager married to Hannah Cheeseman with the 1841 census, children and her death attributed to that Hannah. I think that the "Cheeseman" comes in to it because there is an elderly woman with the surname Cheeseman in the Seager household in 1841 but i wanted to see if any marriage could be found.

Thanks for looking
Val
West - Oxfordshire & Kent
Hucks - Kent
Fremlin - Kent & worldwide

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 June 18 12:58 BST (UK) »
My gut tells me that that is the right Marriage especially as John/Hannah name a Son Richard.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)