Author Topic: Who Do You Think You Are? Series 15, Episode 1: Michelle Keegan  (Read 6281 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: Who Do You Think You Are? Series 15, Episode 1: Michelle Keegan
« Reply #18 on: Monday 11 June 18 20:22 BST (UK) »
right   ..... ok ... 

will have another go    ;) ;) ;)

xin

Offline Rattus

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 15 June 18 08:14 BST (UK) »
For anyone who missed it and would rather catch up over-the-air than online, this episode is repeated on BBC2 at 01:35 on Thursday 21 June.
BARTRAM - Nottingham, Derby, originally Beds (Stagsden)
PERFETT - St Pancras & Marylebone, Rugby, Nottingham
RADFORD - Nottinghamshire, also back & forth to Bury
RUDD - Durham, Margate, Bermondsey, Newcastle, Nottingham

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 15 June 18 11:19 BST (UK) »
thats good then -- that will have subs..
 I did try to watch it without - but not good

xin

Offline Matt62

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 17 June 18 00:53 BST (UK) »
I missed the show at the start of the month, how come there have been no subsequent episodes? Is it because of the World Cup coverage?

I'm surprised that so few people on the thread have heard of Michelle Keegan.

She was in Coronation Street for years, then played the lead in "Our Girl" and is married to the TOWIE (The Only Way is Essex) reality TV personality Mark Wright.

So hardly "film star" famous but I would have expected people in the UK to be at least moderately familiar with her.

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 17 June 18 11:29 BST (UK) »
I missed the show at the start of the month, how come there have been no subsequent episodes? Is it because of the World Cup coverage?
Having made the series, they broadcast this one as a one-off because there was a Suffragist angle which fitted in with the "Hear Her" theme they have been running.

She was in Coronation Street for years, then played the lead in "Our Girl" and is married to the TOWIE (The Only Way is Essex) reality TV personality Mark Wright.

So hardly "film star" famous but I would have expected people in the UK to be at least moderately familiar with her.
Never watch soaps. "Our Girl" didn't appeal, and TOWIE appears to be entirely about people who spend their lives having beauty treatments.
So "another actress who's been on telly" is a good description as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't worry me, as I watch because of the stories, not because of the "celebrity". Some of the best ones have been about people whose on-screen personas I actively hate.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Matt62

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 18 June 18 16:19 BST (UK) »
Having made the series, they broadcast this one as a one-off because there was a Suffragist angle which fitted in with the "Hear Her" theme they have been running.

Never watch soaps. "Our Girl" didn't appeal, and TOWIE appears to be entirely about people who spend their lives having beauty treatments.
So "another actress who's been on telly" is a good description as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't worry me, as I watch because of the stories, not because of the "celebrity". Some of the best ones have been about people whose on-screen personas I actively hate.

Ah, I see....So it was sent out early to coincide with the recent anniversary of female suffrage, hence the yawning gap between it and the rest of the series.

I had been thinking how bizarre the scheduling looked from a conventional broadcasting angle.

Can't really raise any persuasive counter-arguments to your above listed reasons for not knowing who she is. I'm not an aficionado of soap operas such as Coronation Street or Eastenders either. I did watch last year's season of "Our Girl" but found the latest instalment to be dreadfully scripted. As for TOWIE, I am as disinterested in it as I am with any other vacuous reality TV show but I had heard through the grapevine of her marriage to one of its former "stars".

That said, I still recognized the lass from seeing her face on the telly and elsewhere in the media, although I agree this is not at all necessary for enjoyment of the program.

Online Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 06 July 18 12:56 BST (UK) »
   Just spotted episode 2 - Olivia Colman - is on Monday at 9.00.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 06 July 18 14:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, already set it to record. At least I've heard of her!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 06 July 18 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just spotted episode 2 - Olivia Colman - is on Monday at 9.00.

Many thanks for that Toth, I hadn't seen/spotted that! ;D

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)