Author Topic: Heaton Road  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Heaton Road
« on: Tuesday 05 June 18 21:13 BST (UK) »
My direct ancestors are listed in 1881 census as living at the ‘Primitive Methodist Chapel and School on Heaton Road’ (See screenshot)
I also have a photograph of them outside their home at no3 Heaton Road.
I want to know if this is one and the same place as the photo at no 3 looks like an ordinary terrace, not the same as googled photos of the Methodist Chapel.
Does anyone know what the situation could have been and also why they would be listed as living in a Methodist Chapel?
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Heaton Road
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 16:49 BST (UK) »
perhaps the enumerator was just writing a note that the chapel was in this area,
the family before are number 1 so in theory they should be number 3,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 18:40 BST (UK) »
perhaps the enumerator was just writing a note that the chapel was in this area,
the family before are number 1 so in theory they should be number 3,

Thank you Radcliff, maybe the case...seems strange how it’s listed as the address
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 20:54 BST (UK) »
Have you looked on the Heaton History page such a lot of interesting photo's and information
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 21:00 BST (UK) »
Have you looked on the Heaton History page such a lot of interesting photo's and information

Yes, thanks, I’ve had a look on that site

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 August 18 15:12 BST (UK) »
Here is the photograph. If I can confirm that this is outside number 3 Heaton Road, and that this would have been listed as the Primitive Methodist Chapel in the 1881 census, then I can confirm for certain that these people are my great great grandparents. (I have been told that they are but there has been no way to verify it)