Author Topic: Unable to access emails help please  (Read 943 times)

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Unable to access emails help please
« on: Wednesday 06 June 18 08:40 BST (UK) »
On IPad and Computer unable to get into emails.  I enter email address and correct password message shows invalid user name or password! Have tried different email address with another password - same response.  So frustrated - any suggestions?  Thank you.

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to access emails help please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 09:21 BST (UK) »
The obvious thing is to check you havent pressed caps lock by mistake and also check spellings.  That said,  go to settings, then to  Internet Accounts.  Click on your provider mail eg. Ntlworld. On the panel that appears check the details entered ie Description, Name, Password.  I should delete the password that is entered and then re enter it.

If that fails to help, try your providers site to check if there are any service issues in your area.
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 09:36 BST (UK) »
I appreciate your reply. Checked email, password all correct. I am a rookie when it comes to the technical side of things. I went into settings on IPad and couldn't locate internet accounts. I spent over an hour on the phone yesterday with TT guided me to try various things and then at end told me as it was only the IPad that had a problem (in the morning it was but in the evening the computer also had the same problem)  put the ball back in my court and have left me to it.

Thanks

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 10:20 BST (UK) »
Had a go trying to sort things out on computer. Managed to get into emails then tried IPad it worked too. Great.

Thanks for advice

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 11:37 BST (UK) »
Oh good news,  well done,  all systems go then!
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.