Author Topic: What has happened to Findmypast?  (Read 14860 times)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What has happened to Findmypast?
« Reply #54 on: Friday 06 July 18 19:41 BST (UK) »
You've probably tried this , but have you tried going to google and typing in find my past and finding the real find my past entry and tried logging in direct from there,  as against using a bookmark or favourite link you've already saved? Sometimes those saved ones can get corrupted. I only suggest that as it was once suggested to me when I was having bother with another website and that sorted it. I then resaved the page link when it worked.
Best wishes.
North East of England

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 06 July 18 20:12 BST (UK) »
I’ve had the dashboard for a few weeks (ipad and ie on desktop), and don’t like it at all, but it has disappeared tonight  ;D
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 07 July 18 10:10 BST (UK) »
Maybe you could try another browser, just in case. I'm still a boring old Firefox user  :)

I am loathe to change anything when everything else is working, have this morning found a way in (do a search, get result list and then sign in and it works). So no idea why signing in first doesn't work.  No reply from FindMyPast.

thanks for your help.

Lisa

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 07 July 18 10:11 BST (UK) »
You've probably tried this , but have you tried going to google and typing in find my past and finding the real find my past entry and tried logging in direct from there,  as against using a bookmark or favourite link you've already saved? Sometimes those saved ones can get corrupted. I only suggest that as it was once suggested to me when I was having bother with another website and that sorted it. I then resaved the page link when it worked.
Best wishes.

thanks for the suggestion, I tried it and same result.  Have found a way in (as I just replied to Gadget) but no answer yet from FindMyPast.

Lisa

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 07 July 18 10:15 BST (UK) »
Maybe you could try another browser, just in case. I'm still a boring old Firefox user  :)

I am loathe to change anything when everything else is working, have this morning found a way in (do a search, get result list and then sign in and it works). So no idea why signing in first doesn't work.  No reply from FindMyPast.

thanks for your help.

Lisa

Glad you found a way in but don't sign out until they sort it.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 07 July 18 10:50 BST (UK) »

thanks for your help.

Lisa

Now all I need to do is remember what I wanted to look up   ;)

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 13:14 BST (UK) »

thanks for your help.

Lisa

Well as yet no response from FindMyPast, not even to acknowledge my email (via contact us) and say it would be looked into.  Pretty poor customer service too.

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 20:36 BST (UK) »
If you are still having issues try clearing your browsers cashe as well as the cookies and if it is still not working then see what happens if you use a different browser.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 12 July 18 16:25 BST (UK) »

thanks for your help.

Lisa

Well as yet no response from FindMyPast, not even to acknowledge my email (via contact us) and say it would be looked into.  Pretty poor customer service too.

just to update, query sent to FindMyPast friday 6th, no response until today thursday 12th - saying they aim to respond within a working day and (I quote),
'We are currently experiencing higher than usual email volumes, and may take a little longer than our usual 1 day to respond.'

obviously lots of things not working.
So then a minute later, received a response, basically saying it was my problem and a list of links for things I could do (ie. nothing to do with them really).
So rather than do that, I went to the sign in page and signed in and it worked, which it hasn't done for ages, so obviously it wasn't necessary to do anything to my set up as they inferred.

Not impressed with customer service at all, as something is working differently and I haven't changed anything in between.

Would not recommend.