Author Topic: FORREST / NAPIER FAMILY  (Read 2866 times)

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FORREST / NAPIER FAMILY
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 June 18 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi!

Yes it was, I've just realised I put her birth year wrong so I've changed it to 1899 now. She had a child that I'm trying to find more information on but I don't know whether they are alive or not  so rather than leave myself at a dead end, do you know if Christina had anymore children other than Jean?
Or if Jean had any children? Thank you very much.

Was the child Jeannie Weir Forrest born 1899 Fowlis Wester ?
Possible marriage to an Alexander Napier in 1925.

ev

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 June 18 15:51 BST (UK) »
Oh my god! Where did you find this?
So it's true that Christina did have more children once she married James. I know she had Jean in 1899 but wondered if there was anymore. Can you tell me where you got this information? Thank you so much.

1911 Census index
Fowlis Wester , Perth 357/ 1/ 1
James Herd 28
Christina Herd 29
Peter Herd 5
Agnes Herd 4
Barbara Herd 3
Alexander Herd 1

ev

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 June 18 15:52 BST (UK) »
I swear I've seen a William Napier somewhere in the family tree! Do you know who the mother or father is?
I'll have to have a look later when I'm out of work. Thank you very much.

Death in 1997 in Falkirk of a William Napier age 71 mmn Forrest. Possible matching birth in 1925 in Culross, Fife.
Isobel

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 June 18 16:17 BST (UK) »
Ref children on 1911 census-
Possible death of Peter Herd in Killin in 1975 age 70 mmn Forrest
Agnes Watson Herd birn 1906 Fowlis Wester died 1982 Auchtermuchty, mmn Forrest. Married to George Lawson in Culross in 1929.
Alexander Forrest Herd born 1909 Fowlis Wester died 1984 age 74 Canongate Edinburgh, mmn Forrest. Married Sarah Crawford Stein in 1930 in Culross. Two possible children who are deceased - James Herd died 1975 Edinburgh age 45 mmn Stein and William Stein Herd died 1990 Canongate age 53 mmn Stein
Barbara Roberts Herd born 1907 Fowlis Wester possibly married William Stewart Campbell in 1930 in Culross and died in Monifieth in 1936 age 28 ( death entry says Hird but marriage says Herd)
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 June 18 16:48 BST (UK) »
Interesting! Thank you for that. Christina had Jean Weir Forrest before marrying James then I'm presuming?
Do you have any idea how id find her death date? Thank you for the information on the other children.

Ref children on 1911 census-
Possible death of Peter Herd in Killin in 1975 age 70 mmn Forrest
Agnes Watson Herd birn 1906 Fowlis Wester died 1982 Auchtermuchty, mmn Forrest. Married to George Lawson in Culross in 1929.
Alexander Forrest Herd born 1909 Fowlis Wester died 1984 age 74 Canongate Edinburgh, mmn Forrest. Married Sarah Crawford Stein in 1930 in Culross. Two possible children who are deceased - James Herd died 1975 Edinburgh age 45 mmn Stein and William Stein Herd died 1990 Canongate age 53 mmn Stein
Barbara Roberts Herd born 1907 Fowlis Wester possibly married William Stewart Campbell in 1930 in Culross and died in Monifieth in 1936 age 28 ( death entry says Hird but marriage says Herd)
Isobel

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 June 18 17:07 BST (UK) »
Death for Jeannie Weir Forrest 1980 age 81 years Stirling also recorded as Jeannie Weir Herd
You would need to order the death certificate ..Or view it at one of the history centres in Scotland

Rosie

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 June 18 17:33 BST (UK) »
Oh wow! I can't believe you've found that. I'll definitely order the certificate,
Where do I get it from? I thought she'd of been under Napier as she married Alexander Napier in approx 1925! Do you know how I can also find there children? Or child if they only had 1? Thank you soooo much.

Death for Jeannie Weir Forrest 1980 age 81 years Stirling also recorded as Jeannie Weir Herd
You would need to order the death certificate ..Or view it at one of the history centres in Scotland

Rosie

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 June 18 18:17 BST (UK) »
Oh wow! I can't believe you've found that. I'll definitely order the certificate,
Where do I get it from? I thought she'd of been under Napier as she married Alexander Napier in approx 1925! Do you know how I can also find there children? Or child if they only had 1? Thank you soooo much.

Rosie
The death is recorded under three different surnames - Herd, Forrest and Napier ( all with the same reference number)  I suspect it will say that she is the wife/widow of Alexander Napier and the daughter of Christina Forrest now Herd . you can order it through the Scotlandspeople website.
Isobel

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 June 18 18:21 BST (UK) »
I swear I've seen a William Napier somewhere in the family tree! Do you know who the mother or father is?
I'll have to have a look later when I'm out of work. Thank you very much.

Death in 1997 in Falkirk of a William Napier age 71 mmn Forrest. Possible matching birth in 1925 in Culross, Fife.
Isobel

I suspect he is the son of Alexander Napier and Jeannie Weir Forrest but you will need to order his death certificate from Scotlandspeople to be sure.