Author Topic: TV VIZIO  (Read 712 times)

Offline Lookin2

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
TV VIZIO
« on: Friday 08 June 18 13:52 BST (UK) »
My VIZ10

My TV freezes  when using remote.  Picture very good but it will not move to another station and unable to turn off.

Any thoughts?  LOOKIN2
Howlett, Brown, Woodroofe, Mills, Battey, Woods

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: TV VIZIO
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 June 18 19:33 BST (UK) »
Could be the remote needs new batteries or perhaps it's failing - I had a remote pack up on me a couple of years ago and it wasn't even all that old, but I sourced a direct replacement online and it wasn't terribly expensive.  Symptoms with mine were some buttons worked and others didn't.  I gave it new batteries but that made no difference.

It was a real pain having to get up off my backside and change channels the old fashioned way!

If not the remote, does the tv need retuning?  Not sure where you are but in the UK the channels periodically get rejigged as new ones start up.  Unless you want the new channels there's generally no need to retune, but every so often my tv at least goes a bit haywire so I do a retune and it behaves itself again.

Jane :-)
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline Lookin2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 June 18 20:41 BST (UK) »
Jane

Thank you.  I will try and get a replacement having used so many batteries that seem to work but only for a short time.  Lookin2

Offline heymin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 June 18 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi, I had a similar problem and opened up the remote (lots of info on internet) to find many of the contacts covered in condensation. I dried them off and left it open to the air for a short time to make sure and got a good result. I've done this on three separate remotes. I can only think the wet comes from sweaty paws as everbody denies spilling anything on them.
Brian
Strachan,Wood,Leiper,Craig,King,Smith,Shearer,Reid,Wilson,Galloway,Buthlay,McLean.
Aberdeen,Slains,Nigg, Findon,Portlethen,Monquhitter,Cumineston,Banff,Oldmeldrum

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 June 18 15:32 BST (UK) »
I bought one for our defunct Panasonic PVR last year from these people - https://www.remotes4u.co.uk - cost less that £20 delivered, works perfectly and is identical to the original one.

Offline Lookin2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 June 18 15:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your help.  I am purchasing a new remote.  LOOKIN2

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 June 18 15:55 BST (UK) »
I dont know if this would help you, check out this link.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=remote.control.viziotv&hl=en

It seems to suggest that you can download the appropriate app for TV Visio, then use your smart phone or tablet with the app on as a remote for the TV.

Whilst looking that up i noticed that TV Visio has been tracking personal data via the TV. This link shows how to disable it.  https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/7/14527360/vizio-smart-tv-tracking-settlement-disable-settings
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.