Author Topic: Looking for Helena Curry  (Read 472 times)

Offline heathere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Looking for Helena Curry
« on: Saturday 09 June 18 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm looking for information on Helena Curry born 1845 in Ballyclare County Antrim. There is a census 1841/1851 for her and her family but I've not been able to find it. Her father is Edward Curry also Currie and her mother is Eliza Campbell.
Glad of any help.
Thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Helena Curry
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 June 18 19:09 BST (UK) »
Think this is what you are looking for- Pension claim rather than the actual 1851 census-
CURRIE Edward Edward CURRIE Elizabeth CAMPBELL Main St. Ballyclare Ballynure Lower Belfast ANTRIM 1851 Edward 9 years. Edward Curry 36 married 1838, Eliza 36 wife, Margaret Jane 11, Helena 6, William 4, Jas. 8months, Matilda 8.

Edward Currie, son of Edward Currie & Elizabeth Campbell was the applicant and the 1851 census was consulted in Dublin to certify his pension claim.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 June 18 19:18 BST (UK) »

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline heathere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 June 18 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hi aghadowey I do know I've posted before but just haven't been able to access the census or thew other information I have. I've been to all the sites I use and all of a sudden I need to pay to view. The son Edward I've got was born in 1842, Margaret 1840, James 1843, Matilda 1843 Helena 1845 and there's a William but I don't have birth for him.Can you tell me how I can access the census and also the pension claim. I'm also trying to find out when Helena came to Scotland. Thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 June 18 12:20 BST (UK) »
Having multiple threads for the same person/family only causes confusion for everyone. Rather than starting a new one you can just add to an existing one. If you do need to post in different places (Ireland and Scotland, for example) then it helps if you link the two topics so that everyone can see what information you have, etc.

1901 is the first complete census for Ireland. You will not get the 1841 and 1851 census- what survives in this case is the extract from 1851 census for when young Edward applied for Old Age Pension.

and there's a William but I don't have birth for him.
According to the extract son William was 4 years old in 1851.

I'm also trying to find out when Helena came to Scotland.
Ireland was part of the U.K. so there are no records of people travelling between Ireland and Scotland, England and Wales. The best you will probably be able to do is narrow down a range of dates using Scottish records.