Author Topic: ahearne and delaney  (Read 3238 times)

Offline philrmoon

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ahearne and delaney
« on: Sunday 10 June 18 01:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

Bit of a long shot

But trying to find a marriage in USA of

A edward Francis ahearne

To

A June Delaney

They had a daughter dale

Regards Phil

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
Re: ahearne and delaney
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 June 18 03:37 BST (UK) »
There's an obituary in the the Berkshire Eagle [Pittsfield, Massachusetts] which might give a marriage date.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKRJ-3BLF
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline LaurelOsprey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 June 18 06:55 BST (UK) »
Greetings,

I'm new to this forum and to posting info here so I don't want to get in trouble with copyright issues right off the bat. I read through the info regarding copyright infringement on this site, but I'm still a bit unclear. I'm in the US and I believe articles published before 1923 (so 1922 and earlier) are in the public domain.  From 1923 to before 1978, those articles are copyrighted for 95 years from date of publication.

My question is, I found a marriage announcement for a June Marie Delaney and Edward Francis Ahern in the 3 Apr 1948 edition of The Berkshire Eagle, in Pittsfield, Massachusetts.

I know I can't post the article, and it's on a pay site so a link to the article isn't an option. My question is, can I post details from that article for the OP (not a verbatim copy of the article), or is that out of bounds as well?

Any help or corrections to anything I've written above are welcomed. 

Thanks!

Laurel

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 June 18 07:08 BST (UK) »
Obituary here:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/berkshire/obituary.aspx?n=june-hoerle&pid=144195077

Marriage announcement here (if you click on 'Show Page 16 article text (OCR)', you will see a snippet of what is written):
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/30736675/

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 June 18 13:33 BST (UK) »
I know I can't post the article, and it's on a pay site so a link to the article isn't an option. My question is, can I post details from that article for the OP (not a verbatim copy of the article), or is that out of bounds as well?

It's OK to post details from an article in your own words.  Many of them are available in more than one place (whether two places online or online + in a library), so we don't know where you got it from.

As far as items that are in the public domain, whether or not you can post the image here depends on the terms and conditions of the site that you're getting it from.  Some do not allow their images to be shared elsewhere, so we don't want to encourage people to violate those rules.  What you do off of this board, such as via e-mail, is your business.

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 June 18 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

Bit of a long shot

But trying to find a marriage in USA of

A edward Francis ahearne

To

A June Delaney

They had a daughter dale

Regards Phil

The marriage announcement is quite lenghty and detailed aobout them.

The Berkshire Eagle
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Saturday, April 03, 1948 - Page 16

Just close the clipped article that someone else has saved and then you can pan over to the article titled:

June Delaney
Bride Today

Local Nurse Weds
Edward Ahearn,
Greenfield Man

3rd column from right, 2nd item from top

Link:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01m6j/

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 June 18 15:13 BST (UK) »
he Berkshire Eagle
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Monday, November 29, 1965 - Page 16

Edward F. Ahean
 Edward F. Ahearn, 44, of 163 St. James Blvd., Springfield, died Saturday in Springfield Hospital. He was the husband of the former June M. Delaney, who lived in Pittsfield at one time. Besides his wife, he leaves three daughters and two brothers. Friends may call at the Sampson Funeral Home, on Liberty Street, Springfield, today from 2 to 4 and 7 to 10. The funeral will be tomorrow morning at 9 from the funeral home, followed by a Solemn High Mass of Requiem at 10 at Our Lady of Hope Church, Springfield. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery there.

Offline LaurelOsprey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 June 18 20:15 BST (UK) »

It's OK to post details from an article in your own words.  Many of them are available in more than one place (whether two places online or online + in a library), so we don't know where you got it from.

As far as items that are in the public domain, whether or not you can post the image here depends on the terms and conditions of the site that you're getting it from.  Some do not allow their images to be shared elsewhere, so we don't want to encourage people to violate those rules.  What you do off of this board, such as via e-mail, is your business.

Thank you!

Offline LaurelOsprey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 10 June 18 20:55 BST (UK) »
I didn't find a marriage cert online, but I found separate references for both of them in The Index to Marriages in Massachusetts, 1946-1950. The data in both listings matches, and besides having one listing for June and one for Edward, there is a listing for Pittsfield and one for Greenfield as follows:

Delaney, June Marie
Greenfield, 1948, Volume 56, Page 498
Pittsfield, 1948, Volume 93, Page 341

Ahearn, Edward Francis
Greenfield, 1948, Volume 56, Page 498
Pittsfield, 1948, Volume 93, Page 341