Author Topic: Crosthwaite marriage records  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Jenny1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Crosthwaite marriage records
« on: Sunday 10 June 18 12:00 BST (UK) »
I have found a marriage for JAMES WHINERAY to MARY ANN TELFORD on 22/02/1874 in Crosthwaite. It gives James' father as John but I would like to know his profession to see if I have followed the correct family. Does anyone have access to these records as I live in S Yorkshire?

This family is so confusing as the name is spelled many ways. I have found a few trees on various sites but am not 100% certain which is the right family :(

Any help will be really appreciated

Jenny

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Crosthwaite marriage records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 June 18 13:29 BST (UK) »
image from Andrews england papers
James Whineray of full age Bachelor Coach Builder of Keswick son of John Whineray oc Joiner married 22-2-1874 at the Parish Church Crosthwaite to Mary Ann Telford  of full age spr of Keswick daughter of George Telford occ Carter

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jenny1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 June 18 13:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your reply Suz. I might be able to get back on track now.

Jenny

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 June 18 15:12 BST (UK) »
Sorry to jump on this query but what are the Andrews England papers and can they be accessed on line?

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Jenny1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 June 18 15:33 BST (UK) »
"This unique card index was compiled in England from the 1790s until about 1970 and features a collection of notices from newspapers and various official sources, such as the London Gazette. Approximately 250,000 cards include announcements of births, marriages, obituaries, and deaths abroad; notices of wills, unclaimed estates, and filings under the Colonial Probates Act of 1892 (which recognized probates from courts in British possessions); and advertisements for missing persons and people seeking next of kin. The original newspaper clippings on the cards sometimes include annotations referring to additional information from other sources."

They can be found on Ancestry.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 June 18 16:03 BST (UK) »
Many thanks. I'd never heard of them.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more