Author Topic: Another 2 marriage records - same groom?  (Read 1430 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Another 2 marriage records - same groom?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 August 18 05:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Edward

Related F H documentation to your Thomas Smith should refine info, the 1857 marriage, states the father and son ( both first name Thomas) were Plumbers, the groom was aged 23, (son Thomas the groom) born 1834 ish and the  likely be with his father (and mother) on the 1841c and 1851 c. Plumbers on trade directories would be a family small busnesses is likely, both the father and son having the same trade possible apprentice documentation. A Will/probate or administration death related info like a gravestone( with other family in the same grave named as well)/newspaper info of the father Thomas a plumber maybe help or burial records who else is buried in a same grave.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Edward Scott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Another 2 marriage records - same groom?
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 August 18 17:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks again, I know more about Thomas Smith senior that many of my other ancestors, no wills or admons, probable wife no 1 died before BMD registration, but he (maybe they) do show in the trade directories over a number of year.

The base problem is that there appears to be 3 different TS's, all being plumbers & glaziers, all living in Sculcoates or very close and all with a wife called Elizabeth !!

The more I look at this lot, the more I am convinced that the baptism records for two of the children are wrong. However one must always be very careful not to make the apparent facts fit the answer one would like.

The probably matching signatures does support the this theory

rgds

Edward

Scott - Lincolnshire
Jobson - Lincolnshire, Suffolk
Needham - Lincolnshire
Wayet - Lincolnshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk