Author Topic: Moving about England in 1810 ish  (Read 2156 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Moving about England in 1810 ish
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 June 18 07:49 BST (UK) »
Definitely why I couldn’t find her - wrong place, wrong registration district. ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline venelow

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 15 June 18 03:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Vonni

You mention a baptism at Covent Garden (St Pauls) But I can only find A Mary Ann daughter of Jonathan and Elizabeth born/ baptized in 1811 not John and Elizabeth.

Is Mary Ann's father John or Jonathan?  Note she calls her illegitimate son Jonathan. I'm confused.

Venelow

Offline venelow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 15 June 18 03:23 BST (UK) »
P.S.

Do you know the maiden name of Mary Ann's mother Elizabeth?  That is, do you have the marriage of her parents?

Venelow

Offline vonni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 29 July 18 05:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Appologies for only just seeing this message as per my PM.

If you are still interested in helping me my answer is no, I don't have a marriage for  Mary Ann Hodgson 's parents as yet, so don't know her mum's maiden name.

The birth in Covent Garden is just a ? for me as yes there is inconsistency between the names John and Jonathan.  Also the names are quite common so it is more than likley another couple.

I'm quite stumped with the change in birth location she has declared on the census.

Also the transcriotion of Cove on one of the returns is questionable so the only real thing for me to go on is London.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Best Wishes
Vonni
Walker (North Yorks/Co Durham), Clement (North Yorks), Appleton (North Yorks), Bainbridge (Co Durham), Lund (Co Durham + Lancashire), Musgrave  (Grinton, N Yorks), Robinson (North Yorks), Reay (Co Durham), Hodgson (Darlington), Rutherford (N Yorks), Pearson, Addis (Monmouthshire), Alan (Monmouthshire), Morlinn/Marlinn (Longford Ireland), Janson (North Yorks), Turmey (Reading), Dodds (Co Durham)