Author Topic: Barbara L. COCKS, born 31/07/1928, Cowbridge  (Read 1142 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Barbara L. COCKS, born 31/07/1928, Cowbridge
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 June 18 16:55 BST (UK) »

Suz:   Your comment about the "other sister" is intriguing, especially your reference to FreeBMD of which I have no knowledge, only FreeREG which produced no results :'( ???

For the moment,

Tony Cocks
[/quote]

the other sister I mentioned is the youngest one who you have named but as she may be still living or recently deceased I cannot post her name (in keeping with RootsChat policy)

if you go onto www.freebmd.org.uk
you can look up birth marriage and death registrations -it is a good starting ground

you can put in births
surname cocks
mothers maiden name miller -and look at the entry 1934

then look up a possible marriage for that person- try 1951

I have found this couple in 2010 electoral roll and not found a death reg (only have death reg's to 2007 anyway)

I have also found possible children for this couple - and may (without getting your hopes up) have found one on facebook

take this slowly and check the birth regs and marriage reg and if you think they are a possibility we can check further

Remembering at no time should we post information on the public boards of the living/maybe living

Suz

Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 June 18 21:29 BST (UK) »
Suz,

Thank you for the guidance.   I am extremely grateful.

Leading question:    I agree that there was no death indicated and there is every possibility "my Aunty" is still alive, aged 83, only 5 years older than me!!!   How do I contact her?   Find her name in a telephone directory?   She will almost certainly know about my father.......they were very close, even though he was 23 years older than her.   

I am a little bit out of my depth in this situation.    My genealogical interest lies with juvenile offenders admitted to Parkhurst Prison 1838-1864 and long, long deceased ::)

Thank you once again

Tony

PS:   Suz, I forgot to mention that my wife had a very bad experience with Facebook......she was hacked....and consequently we do not use the platform.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 June 18 00:07 BST (UK) »
I wil have a look in phonebook

update -nothing showing up -unfortuately many people have mobiles and no landline - or are ex directory -I'll put my thinking cap on to see if I can think of anything

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk