Author Topic: Patience Winch(Wynch) born abt 1845 Wallingford, Berks  (Read 574 times)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: Patience Winch(Wynch) born abt 1845 Wallingford, Berks
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 June 18 14:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks Debra.

I think, if you read back, you'll see that Alan already has that information and has reached the same conclusion :)

Carol

OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 June 18 14:42 BST (UK) »
There's also a Winch Pa*ce same ref. see attached screenshot

Meant to say earlier - I checked the GRO index image via FreeBMD and the only possibility on that page is Patience, so I've reported it as a transcription error.

Intermittent gusty showers, 12.7o.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online ribbo39

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 03:33 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just to finish topic off;

I'm more inclined to feel that Patience Winch (bn 1845ish) is the illeg d/o Ann, one of the "Winch" children whose parents are Thomas & Merrita Winch of Wallingford.

My reason for saying this is because they had a dau. Patience bapt 1825 and who died 1833 (aged 8 yrs) in Wallingford St.Mary Le More.

As mentioned before, In the 1851 census there is a Patience,  aged 5, living as the d/o Brice Tutty & Ann born Wallingford and in 1861 she is a house maid aged 15 with the Liddiard family in Wallingford.

The GRO has no record of a Patience Tutty born about 1845 and still nothing found for a Patience Winch same period.

In all the censuses, Ann Winch is consistently 9 years older than her husband Brice which ties in with her bapt. in 1814 Wallingford St.Mary Le More d/o Thomas & Merrita.

So I'll let this topic go,  unless or until the GRO  let us know about the transcription error? for Patience.

Thanks also Carol for reporting it as well.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 09:03 BST (UK) »
It was actually FreeBMD I reported it to, so they could amend their transcription.  (Oddly, they have 16 entries for that page whereas I think the limit was 12 at the time.  If all the apparent errors were eliminated there would be 12 'good' entries.)

Meanwhile, I don't see how GRO can say there isn't an entry for Patience Winch when it's there for all the world to see ::)

Added:  I'm assuming you know how to get to these images via FreeBMD?

OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE

Online ribbo39

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 June 18 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just to let you know I have now reported 3 times to the GRO the error of Patience Winch's entry, the latest being on 13-6,  and  it is still "awaiting investigation" - previously they reported back the data was correct.

CarolA3
I missed seeing this entry, perhaps when you have the time I would like to know how to get the these images.

Many thanks.

Alan
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 June 18 17:01 BST (UK) »
CarolA3
I missed seeing this entry, perhaps when you have the time I would like to know how to get the these images.

Repeat your earlier FreeBMD search, then click on the spectacles symbol to the right of Patience Winch's entry.  This opens a new page.  Read all the other stuff later - it's useful, but for now scroll down to 'View the original' about halfway down on the left.  Click, open, and lo! all shall be revealed :)

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE

Online ribbo39

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 25 June 18 03:19 BST (UK) »
CarolA3,

Many thanks for that tip. I had forgotten about that having progressed to using only the printed versions.

Alan

Artis, Gray in Norfolk