Author Topic: Patience Winch(Wynch) born abt 1845 Wallingford, Berks  (Read 2426 times)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: Patience Winch(Wynch) born abt 1845 Wallingford, Berks
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 June 18 14:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks Debra.

I think, if you read back, you'll see that Alan already has that information and has reached the same conclusion :)

Carol

OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 June 18 14:42 BST (UK) »
There's also a Winch Pa*ce same ref. see attached screenshot

Meant to say earlier - I checked the GRO index image via FreeBMD and the only possibility on that page is Patience, so I've reported it as a transcription error.

Intermittent gusty showers, 12.7o.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 03:33 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just to finish topic off;

I'm more inclined to feel that Patience Winch (bn 1845ish) is the illeg d/o Ann, one of the "Winch" children whose parents are Thomas & Merrita Winch of Wallingford.

My reason for saying this is because they had a dau. Patience bapt 1825 and who died 1833 (aged 8 yrs) in Wallingford St.Mary Le More.

As mentioned before, In the 1851 census there is a Patience,  aged 5, living as the d/o Brice Tutty & Ann born Wallingford and in 1861 she is a house maid aged 15 with the Liddiard family in Wallingford.

The GRO has no record of a Patience Tutty born about 1845 and still nothing found for a Patience Winch same period.

In all the censuses, Ann Winch is consistently 9 years older than her husband Brice which ties in with her bapt. in 1814 Wallingford St.Mary Le More d/o Thomas & Merrita.

So I'll let this topic go,  unless or until the GRO  let us know about the transcription error? for Patience.

Thanks also Carol for reporting it as well.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 09:03 BST (UK) »
It was actually FreeBMD I reported it to, so they could amend their transcription.  (Oddly, they have 16 entries for that page whereas I think the limit was 12 at the time.  If all the apparent errors were eliminated there would be 12 'good' entries.)

Meanwhile, I don't see how GRO can say there isn't an entry for Patience Winch when it's there for all the world to see ::)

Added:  I'm assuming you know how to get to these images via FreeBMD?

OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 June 18 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just to let you know I have now reported 3 times to the GRO the error of Patience Winch's entry, the latest being on 13-6,  and  it is still "awaiting investigation" - previously they reported back the data was correct.

CarolA3
I missed seeing this entry, perhaps when you have the time I would like to know how to get the these images.

Many thanks.

Alan
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 June 18 17:01 BST (UK) »
CarolA3
I missed seeing this entry, perhaps when you have the time I would like to know how to get the these images.

Repeat your earlier FreeBMD search, then click on the spectacles symbol to the right of Patience Winch's entry.  This opens a new page.  Read all the other stuff later - it's useful, but for now scroll down to 'View the original' about halfway down on the left.  Click, open, and lo! all shall be revealed :)

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 25 June 18 03:19 BST (UK) »
CarolA3,

Many thanks for that tip. I had forgotten about that having progressed to using only the printed versions.

Alan

Artis, Gray in Norfolk