Author Topic: Population of towns 1713  (Read 676 times)

Offline meeganf

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Population of towns 1713
« on: Tuesday 12 June 18 06:26 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm doing some transcriptions from the 17C/18C and there are many names that are frequent. Plus a few twins

Just to make it more interesting I wonder if there is anywhere where populations might be listed for some of the following please:

Flodden, Ford, Heathersland, Crookham. Eatel Cartfordlaw

Thanks
Meegan

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Population of towns 1713
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 June 18 07:20 BST (UK) »
For Crookham I would have a look in the Delaval Estate collection,either up at Woodhorn,or at the Hall
you never know what you are going to find in their papers,
and perhaps there may be a mention there of Ford as in 1717 the Ford estate was inherited by Francis Delaval from his Grandfather Francis Blake
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Population of towns 1713
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 June 18 07:29 BST (UK) »
Also Northumberland Communities website it contains lots of snippets about various places,they may be of interest to you maps land tax hair tax,returns of men and carts
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,