Author Topic: Need of help with something completely different  (Read 1229 times)

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Need of help with something completely different
« on: Wednesday 13 June 18 12:01 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone.
As you can see.  I am in need of some help with something completely different.
I have been trying for the last few weeks to find out something  which neither I knew about or my husband.
And hopefully  someone  could please help me.  I have  no where else to ask.  So I thought why not ask the ones who have kindly helped me with my family background.
What I'm trying to find out is if possible.  Is when  my late mother in law passed away and when  was her funeral. 
My husband and I  only found out about  this 2 year's after  she passed away. All we know is she was put into a home not long after her late husband  passed away on the 12th of August 1999.   

If there's anyone who can help me with this  I would be very grateful.

My mother in law  was born  irene miriam ditchfield. 28th of September 1920. She married  Mr Samuel lucas February 1940. All we have found out is she is buried in southern cemetery Manchester. With her husband.  Along with some of the other members of the family. But different graves. There is a Elizabeth ditchfield.  She is my husbands gran mother.  And there is a linda  and Darren lucas  there my husbands sister and adopted brother.  Somewhere in the cemetery  is buried a baby  girl called aidrian. She died due to a spine problem. She had  spinabifida.  We don't know where she is buried. It's possible  she could be with  my husbands  gran /great gran. 

Anyway I hope someone can help me with this I'm only asking for help to help my husband.  He doesn't know how to go about this kind of thing.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you again for your help and time

Dorothy

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Need of help with something completely different
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 June 18 00:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Dorothy

You can search for details of Manchester burials at http://www.burialrecords.manchester.gov.uk/ - the index is free, but you have to purchase credits to see more details.

According to the free index, Irene Miriam Lucas was buried in Southern Cemetery on 11 January 2008 in the same grave as her husband: no one else was buried in this grave.

Irene's mother's maiden name was Riste, and an Elizabeth Riste married Samuel Ditchfield in 1916. (FreeBMD) The most likely birth I can see is in Chorlton district in 1890, and an Elizabeth Ditchfield of the right age died in 1979 and was buried in Southern Cemetery on 7 November 1979 in the same grave as Samuel Ditchfield and Mary Elizabeth Williams - does that sound right?

I can see a Linda Rose Lucas buried on 25 January 1980 in the same grave as Darren (aka Darren Moore) Lucas, who was buried on 16 August 1978: there are some other members of the Lucas family in this grave.

I hope this helps.

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 June 18 02:57 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Thank you so much. That really helps. 
I know there is 2 Samuels.  One is the husband of my mother in law. He was born Samuel lucas. And my mother in law had a brother called Samuel  ditchfield.  He married a lady called ada lucas. But I think she was an adopted sister of my husbands father Samuel lucas. 

Please can you tell me  who else is in the  Grave of linda rose lucas?  As well as Darren lucas.  Darren was the adopted son of my husbands parents. 
Anything  you can help me with I really would appreciate it.   
I'm trying to find out thing's about my husbands family. For him.  As he doesn't know anything about his family background. 

I honestly  don't know how to thank you for doing this for me.  I'm only trying to help my husband.
Thank you again for your help and time.
I really do appreciate your help.
Thank you again so much.

Dorothy  Lucas

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 June 18 10:09 BST (UK) »
These people are buried in the same grave:

Squire Lucas    (The transcription says "Square!")
Clara Lucas
Cremated remains of Agnes Lucas
Darren Lucas
Linda Rose Lucas
Carly Sue Lucas    (The transcription says "Casby")

I think that Irene's father was called Samuel Ditchfield, so I suppose that her brother was named after him.

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 June 18 10:17 BST (UK) »

"Somewhere in the cemetery  is buried a baby  girl called aidrian."

Birth 1967 Dec Manch 10e 212 ADRIENNE MARIE LUCAS [ mn DITCHFIELD ]
Death 1968 Sep Manch 10e 90 ADRIENNE M LUCAS [ 0 years ]

She doesn't seem to appear via Rambler's link.  ??? Someone else try?

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).