Author Topic: Alex?? Nelson  (Read 202 times)

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
Alex?? Nelson
« on: Wednesday 13 June 18 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hi I am hoping the name on here is some variant of Alex Nelson
And the address - Donaghcloney?
And the name of the witness - Thomas Lucerdy?? [Pretty sure it's not that]

Thank you
Co. Armagh: Castles/Cassells, Turkington, McBride, Hanna, Boston, Abraham, Geddis, Gilkinson, Humphries, McCormick, Corner, Serplus
Co. Antrim: Cassells, Hayes, Campbell, Saulters, Abernethy, Crooks, Fryer, Stead, Cooper, Gardner, Montgomery, Hill, McCartney, McKeown, Sterrit, McIntyre, Orr
Co. Down: Hayes, Campbell, Nelson, Skelly, Pickering, Dixon, Taylor, Lowry, Gourley, Stewart
Co. Mayo: Layng, Fulton, Ruxton
Co. Kerry: Nash
Co. Dublin: Ruxton, Layng, Kelly, Wilson, Shea
Co. Galway: Abbott

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alex?? Nelson
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 19:11 BST (UK) »
Definitely Donaghcloney.  The witness surname is somewhat difficult as you have found.

Can you provide the original source so that perhaps others can have a look at the full certificate?  You don't mention any year and I assume the bridegroom? is meant to be Alex(ander) Nelson?
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
Re: Alex?? Nelson
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 23:17 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks Girl Guide, it's not available free online as far as I know but it's the marriage of Robert Hodgin and Mary Jane Nelson 6 Aug 1860 in Holy Trinity Church Of Ireland, Waringstown, Co. Down.

It gives age of both bride and groom as 22 and I believe Mary was b 22 Feb 1837 Dromara, parents Alexander Nelson and Margaret Ligat - have a BDM record for that.

I bought the record on NI Direct.
Co. Armagh: Castles/Cassells, Turkington, McBride, Hanna, Boston, Abraham, Geddis, Gilkinson, Humphries, McCormick, Corner, Serplus
Co. Antrim: Cassells, Hayes, Campbell, Saulters, Abernethy, Crooks, Fryer, Stead, Cooper, Gardner, Montgomery, Hill, McCartney, McKeown, Sterrit, McIntyre, Orr
Co. Down: Hayes, Campbell, Nelson, Skelly, Pickering, Dixon, Taylor, Lowry, Gourley, Stewart
Co. Mayo: Layng, Fulton, Ruxton
Co. Kerry: Nash
Co. Dublin: Ruxton, Layng, Kelly, Wilson, Shea
Co. Galway: Abbott