Author Topic: James Kemp Tough  (Read 1025 times)

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Kemp Tough
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 11:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rosie. I thought they had been on 15 June. Ignore me, I've just had a bad week at home and feeling grumpy about everything. It's just that more recently I've put a bit of effort in with no response. It gives you a nice feeling if you know for sure you've contributed something that takes the enquirer's search that little bit further than they had got themselves.

Imber
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 11:47 BST (UK) »
Sorry, you are right they did come on here on the 15th.   :-[    Brain not functioning, it must be the heat  ;D

I know what you mean though.  Sometimes I come on here in the evening on my ipad, open a post to read and forget to mark it as unread.  By the next morning I have forgotten it but as I mainly only help others and don't post requests it is different.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alanatabz

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 June 18 10:15 BST (UK) »
Morning All

An update, I was offline for a few days - managed a new first at clay pigeon shooting - managed to header a clay disk and had a bit of a head wound to see to!

Anyroad, back to the finding...

The cause of Death was "due to war operations" and listed as Frenchay Hospital in Bristol.  I think he was evacuated from Algeria where he was with 156 MU of the RAF and suffered some kind of injury (or attack) whick required he got hospital treatment in the UK.

I have compiled all the info for the RBL, as I believe the name on the local memorial here is of his father rather than JK Tough (which it should be).

Thanks for your help - Rosie , Isobel etc