Author Topic: Qld BDM Register NEW Family History Service 06-06-18  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Qld BDM Register NEW Family History Service 06-06-18
« on: Thursday 14 June 18 14:26 BST (UK) »
Queensland Day on 6th June 2018 saw the launch of a new service for FH research, from Qld BDM Registry.
This new service gives instant information on historical records - as long as it is in their parameters for years available - with exact dates, name of spouse [for marriages], names of parents [births & deaths] even where names are changed by Deed Poll or common usage [gives both names].

Go to https://www.bdm.qld.gov.au/IndexSearch/ and in the middle of the screen you'll see
‘Try the new Family History Service here’ – click on here and away you go.

I put in surname first then forename but it may not matter which way.  No punctuation.
Only problem is that with common surnames you get a list that's thousands long, and it's not alphabetical.  But the name you requested is at least at the top of the list.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Qld BDM Register NEW Family History Service 06-06-18
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 June 18 14:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dawn - just tried a quick test for one of mine - and it threw up some familiar names. It could be confusing if you don't already have some knowledge of the family though.  :-\

Hours of fun there I think.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Qld BDM Register NEW Family History Service 06-06-18
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 June 18 01:23 BST (UK) »
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.