Author Topic: Marriage in 1795 in Paull, east Riding  (Read 3580 times)

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Marriage in 1795 in Paull, east Riding
« on: Saturday 31 July 04 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I've been asked by someone in Oz to try to find a marriage from 1795.
Obviously as it's before 1837 I can't check the St Caths index. What I was wondering was if there were many churches round this area as I was thinking of trying to get the parish registers films sent to my local LDS centre, that is if there is an LDS Centre up there.If there are too many churches to try, then I'll have to disappoint her.

I know this is alot to ask, but if someone could help, we would both be very grateful.

Incidentally, I visit Liverpool Record Office a couple of times a week and would be willing to do any marriage lookups.

Thanks in anticipation

Floridagirl ;) ;)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline Sasha

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage in 1795 in Paull, east Riding
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 August 04 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Viv,

If you are fairly sure that the marriage took place in Paull then you are only looking at two churches:

St. Andrew and St. Mary's Church, Paull, and
St. Mary's Church, Thorngumbald (which is in the parish of Paull)

However if you are looking in the surrounding area there are going to be lots more.  If you go to the following Genuki page (http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/ERY/Paull/) and then click nearby places at the top within 5 miles of Paull is Hull (Kingston upon Hull).

Incidentally, we are probably going to be in Paull in a couple of weeks - there's an event on at Fort Paull that we are planning to go to.  If you wanted a look-up on an MI or any photo's just ask.

Best regards and I hope this is some help,
Sasha.

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 August 04 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for the info, I actually got the details I needed, someone was going to Beverley, and they looked it up in the pariash register, the marriage was actually at St Andrew and St Marys.
Might take you up on the photos.
Regards,
Viv :) :) :)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline Sasha

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 August 04 12:17 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Glad you got the info.

If you want any photo's just ask - if we go it will be on 22nd August.

Sasha.  :)

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 August 04 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'll be in touch over the photos,
Thanks,
Viv :)