Author Topic: Eliza Nassenstein  (Read 500 times)

Offline gailwright

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eliza Nassenstein
« on: Friday 15 June 18 07:02 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone. This is my first post, so I hope I am doing it properly.

Eliza Nassenstein was my 2 x great grandmother. She was born in 1833 in Germany and married Charles Heeger some time around 1850. They then emigrated to Australia.

However, I cannot find out anything about either Eliza (could have been Elizabetha) or her husband Charles (or their families) prior to their emigration to Australia.

I would appreciate Any information anyone may have.
Thank you for your time,
cheers,
Gail13.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Nassenstein
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 June 18 07:08 BST (UK) »
Hiya Gail and a warm welcome to Rootschat
we can't take familytrees of other people as gospel - but does this give you any more info than you have ?
https://gw.geneanet.org/bmuckleston?n=nassenstein&oc=&p=eliza

the tree owner is Brian Mucklestone - do you know him ??   I can get a contact for him if you want ?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 June 18 07:13 BST (UK) »
tree for Charles Heeger
https://gw.geneanet.org/bmuckleston?n=heeger&oc=&p=charles

same tree owner - so he is obviously related  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline gailwright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 June 18 07:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your response - and so quickly too!!

I do have this information and although I do not the gent who has this tree, I do believe their might be a connection between us.

Yes please, I would love to have contact with him. What do I do now?
cheers,
Gail
P.S. What is your name??

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 June 18 07:24 BST (UK) »
on www.familysearch.org  it looks like the vast majority of Nassenstein are from Kurten, Germany
when you have replied to this post you will have made 3 posts - after three posts we can PM each other and I will send the contact for you
 :)

added
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCrten

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 15 June 18 07:25 BST (UK) »
Family Search has birth of Elisabetha Nassenstein 3 January 1833,  Opladen, Rheinland. Daughter of  Georg and Elisabetha ( Schmalslager). Also Theodor (1838) and Anton (1835).

Does any of that tie in with what you know?

Offline gailwright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 15 June 18 07:33 BST (UK) »
Hello again,
I do have most of this information, however, I have wondered about the parents. I have found a few Eliza's with the same year of birth (1833) but I have seen the name of her father written as "Naseen"  on Eliza's death certificate. She did indeed die in Braidwood NSW, but the name on her death certificate has always made me wonder about the true name (especially of her father).
I have also wondered if the fathers name is written down incorrectly, as the death certificate would have been filled out according to information supplied by one of her children who could easily have mixed it up.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 15 June 18 07:55 BST (UK) »
Gail - I have just sent you a PM
 :)