Author Topic: Marriage lookup Benjamin Gunner and Sarah Ransted in Medstead 1725  (Read 651 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Marriage lookup Benjamin Gunner and Sarah Ransted in Medstead 1725
« on: Saturday 16 June 18 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Today I received emails from a couple of parish churches that have given me a few more dates (and parish notes) to add to my file that I've been searching for. I've emailed a few more subsequently.

I'm interested in the marriage of Benjamin Gunner and Sarah Ransted in Medstead on the 12th of July 1725. Can anyone look up this record? I'm looking to see what parishes they hailed from if it is listed.

Thanks,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline janeh

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup Benjamin Gunner and Sarah Ransted in Medstead 1725
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 June 18 02:50 BST (UK) »
According to the marriage allegation, Benjamin was a butcher from Bentworth - where many of his family came from. I assume that she was of Medstead when married. As you probably know, they moved to Alton and were living in the Ostry complex. His will was proved in 1734. Only their 2 eldest daughters seem to have survived past childhood. I think that Sarah remarried.
Benjamin would have received some money from his father's estate about the time that he married so that must have helped them. Yours Jane

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup Benjamin Gunner and Sarah Ransted in Medstead 1725
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 June 18 03:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you! Sarah did remarry, to John Towers in West Worldham in 1738.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart