Author Topic: Thomas Morris and Sarah Jane Allen from Liverpool  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Morris and Sarah Jane Allen from Liverpool
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 08 July 18 16:15 BST (UK) »
Free access to Ancestry this weekend now includes the electoral registers but unfortunately no one is listed at 42 Vine Street in 1921.

Blue

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 09 July 18 09:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Blue. Thanks again.. I am not sure how u can look at in between years as it defaults to every five years.. appreciate the support :)

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 09 July 18 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Blue. Thanks again.. I am not sure how u can look at in between years as it defaults to every five years.. appreciate the support :)

It's tricky and you need time, patience and to work out where in the batch the address will be listed by looking at the polling references at the top of the page. You can start browsing other years either by changing the Division and year at the top of the image you are viewing or go direct to "Browse this collection" on the search page below:-

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=61319

Blue

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 20 July 18 22:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Blue for the help on that one ..

Team I am looking for further help which links to this thread ..

I have a person who I am interested to understand the history.. they have roots to Liverpool .. born Liverpool in July 1905 named Kate Cundle died in 1973 in Leeds .. she married Louis Myer Cohen ...

I am struggling to find Kate’s parents .. I believe she is linked to the Morris family and need to go back a generation and very keen to establish this link .. can anyone help on this mystery please
Thanks

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 21 July 18 16:53 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Are you sure re Katie’s birth being Liverpool?

The marriage certificate would give you her father’s name.

There is a possibility in Leeds which would fit with her marriage and death in Leeds.

Kate Cundell September quarter 1905, Leeds

GRO site gives Chalkin as mmn.

This would fit with this family in 1911 where the child Wolf also shows as mmn Chalkin.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XWJ1-V4D

Ancestry  has the family indexed as Randell.
Heywood

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 21 July 18 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi heywood.. you helped a lot there .. thanks very much .. this was a great clue .. the family were born in Leeds .. I have four siblings.. Kate, Wolfe, Louis, Ronald .... mother was Leah from Russia and father was Solomon Cundle from Russia ........AKA Sholom Mendel...... Tailor's Presser. Husband of Leah (see); father of CUNDLE Lewis, b. Abt 1902, Leeds, Yorks. , d. 26 Jan 1974, 66 Reginald St., Leeds, Yorks. (Age ~ 72 years); CUNDLE Kate, b. Abt 1905, Leeds, Yorks.; CUNDLE Reuben( think this is meant to be Ronald)b. Abt 1907, Leeds, Yorks. , d. 26 Dec 1955, 45 Glover St., Leeds, Yorks. (Age ~ 48 years); CUNDLE Wolfe, b. Abt 1910, Leeds, Yorks.

I found the family indexed Randell .. boy oh boy many name changes ... Mendel to Cundle to Randell ... hard to keep up with .. you done very well Heywood to catch that .. thanks

Ok that helps a lot as I struggle to link my Morris family with that info ...

So to paint the picture .. Kate Cundles daughter who is deceased .. (withholding name but can be private messaged) her dna strongly links to myself ... the family had mentioned strong links to Liverpool and I had thought that this side of the family was worth looking at ...

I have had a look at Louis Myers Cohen and I see he is from Liverpool ... I have a clue for his father and mother but from someone else’s tree and is vague .. Isaac Cohen father and mother is named just as Jinnie ?? .... Is Jinnie short for Virginia ? I believe this family is from Liverpool .. can anyone help with the gap on this family please? Who is Jinnie and her origins .. again I am trying to see if it links with Morris or Isaac ? Who may his family be or links to Morris ..

Thanks

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 21 July 18 23:36 BST (UK) »
The name Randell is a mistranscription and is likely to be a variation of Cundell/Kandell etc.
If you look at Free BMD or GRO (which gives the mmn too) you can work out names and births of the children.
You already have Kate and Wolf but there are these possibilities
Lewis Cundle 1902 mmn Beralib  ???
Reuben Candle 1907 mmn Tralkin  (others have Chalkin  :-\)

With regard to Louis Cohen - again how sure are you re a Liverpool birth?

The only tree I can see does not show evidence of this.

There is a birth for a Meyer Louis Cohen registered in March quarter 1910, Ecclesall Bierlow.
This one has a mmn Morris.
I have not followed this one to verify anything.

I think you would need the marriage certificate.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 22 July 18 03:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Heywood. Again the clue that I have is a family tree and its vague .. so I have looked also and see the clues as you found.. I would be thinking that this person is not from Liverpool.. I attach the birth index and death index .. The death index lists the birth date and would be a match for the birth indexed as picked up of early 1910 given that he was actually born in December 1909.. so that is a match .. well done Heywood.. The Census is a transcription glitch.. I agree with you.. I am thinking that it is listed as Kandell (Cundle) .. The K looks a little like an R to be fair.. It may not have been the family filling in the form?? Not sure if it was covered by someone attending the property doing the rounds filling in forms on behalf so a verbal communication could have been misinterpreted ... I am interested in the GRO details Heywood.. I am not sure how to get the the index as you mentioned on GRO.. I get all kinds of sites .. Leading me astray.. Is there a good link that takes you to an official index search site ? would be grateful for that link if that is possible .. You mentioned Morris is the MMN of Meyer Louis Cohen ? that could be a good lead if so Heywood ? Thanks again Heywood for the leads .. and your time.. I truly appreciate :)

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 22 July 18 03:53 BST (UK) »
Louis Meyer Death Registration links also birth date