Author Topic: baptism of William DALE about 1757 possibly Stoney Stanton  (Read 436 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
baptism of William DALE about 1757 possibly Stoney Stanton
« on: Monday 18 June 18 05:16 BST (UK) »
William DALE & Elizabeth BALSTON married in Desford in 1791.  Elizabeth was OTP & William of Stoney Stanton. 

Family Trees have a burial for a William DALE 12 Sep 1837 at Melton Mowbray aged 80 indicating a birth about 1757.  However I have nothing on which to base an opinion if this is the correct William DALE.

i am hoping someone will be able to locate William's baptism and I can then look for Elizabeth BALSTON and hopefully push back to locate their parents. 

Once I know a date of baptism i will have something of rigor on which to make a judgement if the 1837 burial is correct person.

Westy

Offline Bunnygirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Keep plodding on you Will find it!!
    • View Profile
Re: baptism of William DALE about 1757 possibly Stoney Stanton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 June 18 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have looked at my copy of Stoney Stanton PR and there are no entries for Dale in your time scale. I see the marriage at Desford perhaps William was working in Stoney Stanton ?
I also see the Melton Mowbray burial for a William Dale and there is no further information there.
Did William & Elizabeth have children and if so where?

Bunnygirl
Leicestershire; Rothley,  Fowkes, Biddles, Dawson, Allen, Lambert, Tebbett, Needham , Horner, Cooper, Pagett, Jaques, Kinton, Newbald, Duffill    Halford, Cope, Bywater , Hunt
Bedfordshire; Cardington, Trueman, Wilstead  Bridges, Clark(e), Redman
Essex; Eady, Newman, Copsey, Rawlin, Gilders, Smith  
Rotherhithe; Henderson, Eady. Lambert
Rutland & Bedfordshire  Staffod, Glover, Tom(b)lin
Suffolk  (Wissington) Eady.
Lincolnshire, Tomlin

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: baptism of William DALE about 1757 possibly Stoney Stanton
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 04:16 BST (UK) »
Hello bunnygirl,

This is part of my conundrum as i am not 100% sure.  The 4 children I located were baptised at St Margaret Leicester.

I located William DALE my 4th g grandfather from which this all started in the 1851 census in which he said he was born at Somerby and his age was given as 51.  I was unable to locate a baptism at Somerby for William whose age was given as 57 at his burial on 15 Jul 1858  indicating a birth about 1801.  His abode was listed as Somerby.

The best and only fit was I located a baptism at St Margaret Leicester 01 Mar 1803 with parents of William DALE  & Elizabeth.  This was the second son born to this William & Elizabeth with the first baptised 24 Dec 1801.

There was a death of a William DALE 10 Mar 1803 at St Margaret Leicester.  The question for me was if this William was the child baptised in 01 Mar 1803.  The protocol used on this record seemed to be where it was a child the father and or parents were mentioned whereas adult's didn't have their father or parents mentioned.

This protocol may not have been consistently applied so  this William was either an adult or child.

Your thoughts???

Westy