Author Topic: Marriage St Mary's Portsea 1791  (Read 278 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage St Mary's Portsea 1791
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 08:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you emeltom - much appreciated.

bearkat Thanks for your interest.  I have his birth year from some papers written by his daughter and from the age given at his death.  The previous thread that you kindly linked is one I started a good while ago.  Since then I've found a lot about John DYER, including his children, 2nd and 3rd marriages, death and quite a lot about his professional and religious life BUT I can go no further back than this 1791 marriage.  He must have been well-educated to have enough income to marry quite well in 1791 and also to fill the posts he later held (Chief Clerk of the Admiralty).

Thanks again, Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.