Author Topic: Goll Family from Germany - Need Help with Records  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Tara-Leigh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Goll Family from Germany - Need Help with Records
« on: Tuesday 19 June 18 04:01 BST (UK) »
'm in hopes I can break through this brick wall here...
I've always had great success with rootschat.com so I'm really hoping and crossing fingers :)

All the documentation I have are original documents so I don't understand why I can't find my german roots in Germany.  Here's everything I have and I'll do my best to spell everything correctly..

My great-grandfather:
GEBURTSURKUNDE
Standesamt München I Nr. 2916/1883
Johann George Goll
ist am 19.April 1883
in Muchen Kanalstrabe 62 geboren.
Mutter: Walburga Goll, Kochin und Backer-meisterstochter, katholisch.

My great-grandparents:
Heiratsurkunde
Standesamt Munchen III Nr. 498/1921
Der Schreiner Johann Georg Goll, wohnhaft in Munchen geboren am 19. April 1883 in Munchen.
Standesamt I Munchen Nr. 2916, und die Buglerin Anna Koberlein, wohnhaft in Muchen geboren am 17.Oktober 1888 in Winkels, Bezirksamt, Kissingen.
Standesamt Winkels Nr. 10.
haben am 30.April 1921 vor dem Standesamt Munchen III die Ehe geschlossen.

** Now I was told that they got married after they arrived in New York in 1925...so I no longer know if that is true and factual.

My grandmothers visa:
Therese Goll
American Consular Service at Munich, Bavaria, Germany (one stamp # is 113412 and another # is 34143) Passport # B342 issued by Police at Munich, Bavaria on the 28th day of March 1924 valid until the 28th day of March 1926. Visa expires 5th day of June 1925....

On the second page of the "Application for Immigration Visa (Quota)" it states the following:
Available documents required by the Immigration Act of 1924  are filed herewith and made part hereof, as follows: "Affidavit of Support attached to the mother's papers. Birth Certificate; Medical Certificate; and Certificate of Residence. ** Note: We don't have the Immigration/Visa paper work for my great-grandmother Anna Goll.  She arrived with her daughters Feb. 1925 and continued to Mt. Kisco, NY. to join my great-grandfather George Goll.

My great-grandmothers family:(translated by my mother's hand-writing - bear with me for spelling)
Andreas & Therese Koberlein ~ lived on the Hemmerich Str. in Bad Kissinger ~ died 1936-1940

They had 5 daughters:
1. Marie Koberlein (married name: Leiber) born 4/1890 died 2/26/1981 in Bad Kissinger ~ no kids

2. Tina Koberlein (married name: Antlitz) lived int the Erherd Str. in Bad Kissinger ~ she was the first of the 5 sisters to die in Bad Kissinger. (1) son Dr. Horst Antlitz, 7 Stuttgart 1, Calwer Str. 58, Germany.

3.  Rosa Koberlein (married name: Wieskoziel (?)) she was the second of the 5 sisters to die. (1) daughter Dr. Leuchen, Wumer Summerstr. 2, Grunfels 6974 (?)

4. Paulina "Lina" Koberlein (married name: Cieslinski) Erherd Str. 3 (now #5) Bad Kissinger. No kids and the third to die.

5. Anna Margaret Koberlein (married name: Goll) died in New York 12/28/1969 had two daughters
Luise S. Goll born 9/17/11 in Bad Kissinger no kids died in Queens New York. 
Theresa Goll born 12/16/13 in Bad Kissinger one daughter died in Glendale, CA.

Well, I have more, but like I said...I have a lot of documentation and notes ~ I just can't link any census reports or directories or burials, etc...nothing at least not in Germany...

I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance...fingers crossed and a great big THANKS if you find anything...

Looking forward to hearing from anyone...

Sincerely,
Tara

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Goll Family from Germany - Need Help with Records
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 07:18 BST (UK) »
Passenger list - 1923 Bremen to New York - ship München
Here´s a Georg Goll. Tischler (another name for Schreiner), married, 40 years old

http://212.227.236.244/passagierlisten/listen.php?ArchivIdent=AIII15-30.11.1923_N&pass=Goll&ID=58444&ankunftshafen=New%20York&lang=de

Offline Tara-Leigh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 08:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you for responding so quick...I almost discard the information as I have a lot of information of my great grandfather (Johann Georg Goll) traveling between Germany and New York City.  This particular information you sent me I did not have and I must say I'm confused when you say Tischler is another name for Schreiner...what does that mean? When translated it says "occupation".  My ggrandfather was a carpenter and made some beautiful pieces of furniture.  In NYC his carpentry skills help him in his new profession as a building superintendent. Is there any other information going back to Germany from this passenger list?

Again thank you for your help...I'd still am curious why the family went to Byram Health Camp in Mt. Kisco NY once they got here in 1925 but more looking for information on the family back in Germany.

Thank you
Tara

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 09:45 BST (UK) »
Different regions have different names for the same occupation,
In Northern Germany and Austria a carpenter is a Tischler
In Middle and south Germany a carpenter is a Schreiner

If I understand you correctly you are primarily looking for the ancestors of Johann Georg Goll, and his wife Anna Koberlein

Dave

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 12:59 BST (UK) »
I had a look through the Munich address books from 1921 to 1925.

In 1924 and 1925 you have 2 Goll´s both of them Schreiner.
Johann in the Schmiedköchelstrasse 10
Georg in the Mauerkircherstrasse 54

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 21:36 BST (UK) »
Munich Address Books 1912 – 1926

Golls that may interest you:

1912 – 1913  / no one that fits

1914 – 1916 / Walburga Goll – Wasch- und Bügelgeschäft (Laundress), Adlzreiterstraße
1917 – 1921 / Walburga Goll – Wasch- und Bügelgeschäft (Laundress), Schmiedköchelstrasse 10

1922 – 1923  / no one that fits

1924 – 1925 / these are the first (and the last) entries for Georg and Johann Goll, both Schreiner
Johann had the same address as Walburga. Schmiedköchelstrasse 10

1926 - no one that fits

Anna Köberlein was a Büglerin / ironer.
Maybe she worked for Walburga and Johann Georg met here there
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you want the screen shots from the newspapers let me know

Dave

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 22:57 BST (UK) »
Don´t know if this is of any relevance but in Bad Kissingen, where Walburga came from, there is still a Carpentry - Schreinerei Goll. They have a 100 year old history which means they were founded around 1918.

Just thought i´d mention it

http://schreinerei-goll.de/

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 03:17 BST (UK) »
I take it you want to find the Munich church records.

If you follow the Munchen/Munich church link on this familysearch webpage:
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Munich,_Bavaria,_Germany_Genealogy

it takes you to this webpage:-
https://www.familysearch.org/search/search/collection/results?count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3AGoll~&collection_id=2780016

If you just enter the surname "Goll" to search for the baptism of the mother:-  Mutter: Walburga Goll, Kochin und Backer-meisterstochter, katholisch.

You will see this unique name is listed, which may or may not be the person you're looking for but I didn't completely trawl through the search results:-

Walburga Goll
Deutschland, Bayern, Bistum Augsburg, katholische Kirchenbücher, 1615-1939
Name:   Walburga Goll
Event Type:   Baptism
Event Place:   Kellmünz, Kellmünz an der Iller, Neu-Ulm, Schwaben, Bayern, Deutschland
Birth Date:   12 May 1860
Father's Name:   Joseph Goll
Mother's Name:   Agnes Prestele
Certificate Number:   13

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 06:13 BST (UK) »
Different regions have different names for the same occupation,
In Northern Germany and Austria a carpenter is a Tischler
In Middle and south Germany a carpenter is a Schreiner

If I understand you correctly you are primarily looking for the ancestors of Johann Georg Goll, and his wife Anna Koberlein

Dave
I am a Joiner and worked in Germany for 3 years
Carpenter = Zimmerman
Joiner = Tischler
Cabinet Maker = Schrieber / Schreiner depending on district ..
I worked in Paderborn / Geseke / Frankfurt / Neider Bayern / Lower Bayern / Passau / Stuttgart and Eggenfelden
 :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford