Author Topic: Returns of marriages, baptisms and burials to the Clerk of the Peace, 1841-1869  (Read 610 times)

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The original of the subject documents, which have vitals from what was then known as the Huron District of Onario, are held by the University of Western Ontario.  Digital images of these records may be viewed by anyone with ready access to a Family History Library, but are not yet available online at FamilySearch.

I would really appreciate it if someone with time on their hands and ready access could search for the marriage of William FREEBORN and Tryphena SHINE which I think happened in 1852.

Offline lmfamilyresearch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Returns of marriages, baptisms and burials to the Clerk of the Peace, 1841-1869
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 February 19 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried contacting the University of Western Ontario directly?  Here's their contact information: email 'archives.services at uwo.ca'.  They could either do the retrieval for you or there may be a Library studies student who could help for a nominal fee.  My experience in contacting university archives directly has resulted in interesting information that I may otherwise not have known existed.  At the very least, the Archives should at least be able to confirm that they do indeed hold those records, and if not, they may provide suggestions for where the records are.  A quick look at Western's Archives Finding Aids doesn't seem to show records for Huron District (https://www.lib.uwo.ca/archives/archivesfindingaids.html)
Bennett, Bowling, Braedine/Brodie, Bulmer, Burns, Cochrane, Devlin, Ellis, Garth, Henderson, Holm/Holmes, Kershaw, Masson, McClernon/McLaren/MacLaren, McComb, McKee, Pitt, Rawood, Riddel, Robinson, Whitaker, Wood

Online bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Returns of marriages, baptisms and burials to the Clerk of the Peace, 1841-1869
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 February 19 07:38 GMT (UK) »
If all else fails, there is this: http://generations.regionofwaterloo.ca/getperson.php?personID=I44842&tree=generations
which states this under sources:
 ON, Waterloo - Wellington District Marriage Register Part 1 1840-1852.
William FREEBORN, to Threphine SCHEIN. 5 July 1852. Rev. WUNDERLICH. Wit. Daniel SCHEIN and Josua RINES.

If nothing else, anyone that can do a look up for you at least now knows how Shine was transcribed!