Author Topic: lezayre old yard  (Read 12727 times)

Offline diane5250

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
lezayre old yard
« on: Tuesday 19 June 18 15:46 BST (UK) »
found an entry on family search for these stones in kc lezayre old yard.   the last two frederick and robert are my ancestors, would it seem probable that this charles crow would also be from the same family since they are buried close to each other. Frederick and Roberts father was john Crow, just wondering who this Charles might be.   maybe just a longshot and not related at all.   

K.C.Lezayre Old Yard [stones 304 & 306] [stone304] Here repose the remains of Charles Crow who departed this life February 9th 1805 aged 56 years. [stone 306]Erected by John Crow in memory of his brother Fredrick who died Febry 27th 1799 aged 2 years. Also of his brother Robert Crowwho was unforunately drowned Feby 19th 1817 aged 22 years.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: lezayre old yard
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 16:35 BST (UK) »
There is this baptism?

27th September 1747
Charles, son of Charles Crow and Elizabeth Casement

at Kirk Christ Lezayre

(the "kc" refers to Kirk Christ ;D)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 16:39 BST (UK) »
I should also point out that the Burial entry for Robert states:

Robt from Ramsey who perished at Sea, 23rd February 1817
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline diane5250

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 17:22 BST (UK) »
thank you.   i was wondering about this Charles possibly being related to this family.   Frederick and Robert also had a brother named Charles but he did not die until 1825, also from drowning.   
i'm wondering if the charles who died in 1805 could have some connection to this family.   The father and mother of Frederick/Robert were married in kirk Christ.    maybe i'll see if i can find out who this charles married or if he had a brother named john.    thanks for replying.   

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 20:09 BST (UK) »
Kirk Christ Lezayre has 300 Crow/Crowe burials from 1696 until 1998!
And another 62 in Bride; 66 in Jurby; and another 62 in Maughold.

Offline diane5250

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 21:42 BST (UK) »
Kirk Christ Lezayre has 300 Crow/Crowe burials from 1696 until 1998!
And another 62 in Bride; 66 in Jurby; and another 62 in Maughold.

thanks very much, my Crows were in lezayre, maughold and Ramsey.   maybe this Charles is of no relation to the family i am researching.    The father of Robert and Frederick, john Crow is buried there, he died in 1832, and also another son john Crow buried there , he died in 1833, age 43.   

Online Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 10:47 BST (UK) »
Is this your John?
deed NSS Oct 1836 20:dated 29 Jan 1831;John Crowe(Nairy) + wife Elizabeth + mother Ann Crow sell for £220(British) to William Crow(of the sd place) my estate of the Nairy qtrland + intack rent 10s; Witt John Christian, William Logan x
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline diane5250

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 15:47 BST (UK) »
Is this your John?
deed NSS Oct 1836 20:dated 29 Jan 1831;John Crowe(Nairy) + wife Elizabeth + mother Ann Crow sell for £220(British) to William Crow(of the sd place) my estate of the Nairy qtrland + intack rent 10s; Witt John Christian, William Logan x

Thank you, thats interesting, although my Crows john and elizabeth, owned land in East Aust.    they had a grandson named john Charles Crow, son of john Crow jr.  i was told sometime ago that instead of john Charles Crows name on the tithe plan, there was the name of a William Crow.    so this information is interesting to me.   trying to follow all leads and  very much appreciate any information.

Online Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 17:05 BST (UK) »
the previous deed dated 22 Nov 1832;John Crowe(Ramsey) + wife Margaret +Elizabeth Crow(widow) sell for £110(Britist) to John Kneale(Aust, Lezayre) (+ with
consent of Ann, Maria + Elizth Callow, spinsters, Ramsey mortgagers of sd premises) the estate of East Aust to John Kneale  ...

the tithe plan (#142 east Aust) has Wm Crow as owner but not occupier - Neary(#144) is owner occupied by Wm Crow (as per earlier deed I mentioned)
a John Kneale (#207) is owner occupier of land in Aust
(these parcels are unfortunately not indicated as such in Woods atlas as the later Asylum plans are used
any thing with a Manx Connection