Author Topic: lezayre old yard  (Read 12705 times)

Offline diane5250

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: lezayre old yard
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 17:39 BST (UK) »
the previous deed dated 22 Nov 1832;John Crowe(Ramsey) + wife Margaret +Elizabeth Crow(widow) sell for £110(Britist) to John Kneale(Aust, Lezayre) (+ with
consent of Ann, Maria + Elizth Callow, spinsters, Ramsey mortgagers of sd premises) the estate of East Aust to John Kneale  ...

the tithe plan (#142 east Aust) has Wm Crow as owner but not occupier - Neary(#144) is owner occupied by Wm Crow (as per earlier deed I mentioned)
a John Kneale (#207) is owner occupier of land in Aust
(these parcels are unfortunately not indicated as such in Woods atlas as the later Asylum plans are used

thank you Frances, that john Crow married to margaret is the son of john and Elizabeth Crow. i didn't have that information on the deed.   i did find some deed, where john crow Sr. and Elizabeth gave some land to their daughter maria Crow.    so appreciate the help.   i love all this new info.   :)   

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 18:21 BST (UK) »
I have other deeds re John Crowe + East Aust summarised on my CD - basically he was too heavily in debt not being able to pay the several mortgages taken from abt 1800
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline diane5250

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 18:43 BST (UK) »
I have other deeds re John Crowe + East Aust summarised on my CD - basically he was too heavily in debt not being able to pay the several mortgages taken from abt 1800

oh wow, is that available somewhere to buy. i think i might like to see that.   i'm trying to see if there is something anywhere that leads me to his parents.  i did go to the imuseum website and found a reference to that one deed of john crow and elizabeth and was able to find it in the deeds on the family search site.    thanks for all this great information. 

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 18:54 BST (UK) »
look up manxnotebook - the site is also in my profile
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 June 18 14:59 BST (UK) »
As KGarrad points out, Crow was by no means an uncommon name in Lezayre parish.

I believe Charles senior was the 6th (but 3rd surviving) son of Captain Charles Crow of Glanduff and his wife Isabel née Corlett; he was baptized at Lezayre on 28 Jan. 1713 and died by 1754.
On 21 Nov. 1738 he married Elizabeth Casement who I think was the 4th daughter of the late William Casement of The Kella, Sulby, and his late 1st wife Jane née Wattleworth.  Elizabeth was baptized 26 Mar. 1715.  Her elder sister Jane had previously married Charles' elder brother William.  And I think they were cousins, William Casement's mother having been Elizabeth Crow of Glanduff.

Can anyone confirm or refute any of the details in that paragraph?

Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 June 18 15:04 BST (UK) »
I would only offer a minor correction - it was Glenduff! ;D

At Glenduff these days is a Highways Dept. depot - I was up there last week picking up "Road Closed" signs, road cones (36 of them!), and yellow crowd barriers. :D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline diane5250

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 June 18 15:54 BST (UK) »
As KGarrad points out, Crow was by no means an uncommon name in Lezayre parish.

I believe Charles senior was the 6th (but 3rd surviving) son of Captain Charles Crow of Glanduff and his wife Isabel née Corlett; he was baptized at Lezayre on 28 Jan. 1713 and died by 1754.
On 21 Nov. 1738 he married Elizabeth Casement who I think was the 4th daughter of the late William Casement of The Kella, Sulby, and his late 1st wife Jane née Wattleworth.  Elizabeth was baptized 26 Mar. 1715.  Her elder sister Jane had previously married Charles' elder brother William.  And I think they were cousins, William Casement's mother having been Elizabeth Crow of Glanduff.

Can anyone confirm or refute any of the details in that paragraph?

thank you, and yes its not an uncommon name, once i got to john Crow and Elizabeth Christian marrying in kc lezayre in 1787 it was hard to find more info, so i was wondering if that Charles might be related.    i did find information on family search about this family but some of it seems to be wrong.  they showed maria Crow, daughter of john and elizabeth marrying william corkill which is wrong, she married peter white.  Rebecca and jane married William Corkill.   they had info listed for Elizabeth Christians parents but again i'm not sure its correct.   

i appreciate all the info and expertise i get from other posters.    :)