Author Topic: Help Needed with name and Relationship  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed with name and Relationship
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 23:10 BST (UK) »
Oh yes.....that's the one....I would kill for the certs, docs, photos and letters that she has newly discovered. Much to her annoyance, her Father was a hoarder and now she is belatedly thanking him  ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 23:18 BST (UK) »
Carol, I believe there's a reason for everything & the 'hoard' was a reason to delve into. family & good luck to your sil as she will find it so interesting & exciting to the point you will be ignoring your phone regarding her latest find(s)  ;D

What's the m/s of Agnes' mother?

A quick search this may be a possible?

MCDONALD AGNES 2
644/1 1193
Bridgeton

Bridgeton is close to Camlachie

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 23:22 BST (UK) »
Here's another which I thought was a double entry until a closer look but it may be an error (indexed twice) with what I posted earlier?

MCDONALD AGNES 2
644/1 1192
Bridgeton

Where were the family in 1901?

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 23:34 BST (UK) »
I think Annie's ms was Clubb...

Thanks Annie..

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 23:37 BST (UK) »
Carol,

If you register with scotlandspeople.gov.uk (free) you can search the indexes free too.
You only need credits to download any certs!

Annie

Oh I didn't know that..thanks so much..I'm not familiar with Scottish records as I have no rellies there in my FH.

Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 23:46 BST (UK) »
Here's another which I thought was a double entry until a closer look but it may be an error (indexed twice) with what I posted earlier?

MCDONALD AGNES 2
644/1 1192
Bridgeton

Where were the family in 1901?

Annie

In the Parish of Barony,  Annie.

Carol

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 23:55 BST (UK) »
Oh I didn't know that..thanks so much..I'm not familiar with Scottish records as I have no rellies there in my FH.

Your sil is in for a treat as our certs. are a goldmine of info!

Had a look Carol at other deaths in Lanarkshire 1891 - 1901 & the closest going by where they were on the census is the ones I posted although of course I can't be sure it's correct as no mms is given?

It may be worth an email to SP to ask if it is a double entry as the ref. numbers are 644/1 1192 & 644/1 1193 both RD Bridgeton & both MCDONALD AGNES & both aged 2 yrs!

Just seems a big coincidence if not a double entry?

Annie

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 00:04 BST (UK) »
Oh thanks so much for looking Annie...it's really good of you and I will make a note.
Carol

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 00:21 BST (UK) »
Carol, you may want to check the 1911 census 1st (if parents were still alive) as this will tell you how many children they had, how many still living & how many deceased.

Annie