Author Topic: Odd find in 1939 register  (Read 618 times)

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Odd find in 1939 register
« on: Tuesday 19 June 18 19:30 BST (UK) »
   I decided last night to check my grandfather's cousins in 1939, and found a rather surprising entry.
 I already had a suspicion that one of his female cousins might have been in a mental hospital in 1911, (I could not find her, but there were pointers) then she had another child in 1915, so I thought all was well. However, I found her in 1939 in the city mental hospital, listed with 3 others of the same name, 2 of her daughters, aged 32 and 33, and a spinster of 62, probably the husband's cousin.
    Has any one come across anything similar? Are records likely to be available, or would they still be closed? (If they exist)

I meant to post this in the Common room, but I suppose it is OK here!
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Odd find in 1939 register
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 20:04 BST (UK) »
I think most records (if available) would be accessible within the 100 yr privacy rule i.e. anyone born prior to 1917 as we are in 2018 which may mean anyone born 1918 may still be alive!

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"