Author Topic: Struggling with Neighbours Family history-HELP!  (Read 5500 times)

Offline wise1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Struggling with Neighbours Family history-HELP!
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 23 June 18 09:23 BST (UK) »
Blue - you are a hero . This is so fascinating. Glued!

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 23 June 18 10:35 BST (UK) »
Blue:   I agree about Patrick McInnery but the one in 1871 is born Ireland and would fit if he is not with his wife and children

The marriage of Thomas BRENNEN and Bridget was in Liverpool. ..
Reply 14 &15

Has anyone  found him or hisomething fathere James in Ireland at all ...sorry if I miss the Irish records I do the captcha but the page disappears 
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Online Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 23 June 18 10:38 BST (UK) »
GRO birth indexes

Name: Johanna McInarnay         
Mother: Gracy 
Quarter: Jan/Feb/Mar
Year: 1875
District: Birkenhead
Volume: 8a
Page: 550   
Occasional Copy: A 

Name: Catherine McInerney         
Mother: Tracy   
Quarter: Apr/May/Jun
Year: 1878
District: Birkenhead
Volume: 8a
Page: 576   

Blue

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 23 June 18 10:45 BST (UK) »
Well done for all those finds Blue

Bootle is not far from Birkenhead  I'm guessing Seacombe Cheshire is nearby too .
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Online Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 23 June 18 10:57 BST (UK) »
Blue:   I agree about Patrick McInnery but the one in 1871 is born Ireland and would fit if he is not with his wife and children

The marriage of Thomas BRENNEN and Bridget was in Liverpool. ..
Reply 14 &15

Has anyone  found him or hisomething fathere James in Ireland at all ...sorry if I miss the Irish records I do the captcha but the page disappears

It looks like the McInerney family came to England between 1872 and 1875. Patrick registered the birth of Bridget on 9 March 1872 and he was still then a constable in County Tipperary. The first English birth was in 1875 in Wirral so initially they settled in Wirral then moved over the water to Bootle and Liverpool.

Thomas Brennan has not been found on the English census records so for more information about him it might be a good idea to get the civil version of the marriage record with his age, occupation and father's occupation on it.

If anyone is having problems accessing the Irish civil registration pdf record links message me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the confirmed McInerney records and the possible Thomas Brennan birth.

Blue 

Online Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 24 June 18 00:04 BST (UK) »
It might be a good idea to post asking for help and advice on the Ireland board about your RIC man. It's not an area of research I'm familiar with. There appears to be some records online so you may be able to find out more about Patrick. From what I can gather RIC men served in other counties not their county of birth so Patrick McInerney may have come from elsewhere, ie the surname is very common in County Clare. There may be an explanation for the marriage taking place after Mary Ann's birth. There appears to have been length of time served restrictions on RIC men marrying.

It appears to have been a tough job with low pay for a sub-constable, the bottom rank. Most police were Irish Catholics. They could be unpopular with local communities as there was discontent over landlords, land issues and British rule and the police were responsible for keeping law and order. The 1860s appears to have been a bit lively with the threat of a Fenian uprising but by the 1870s there are newspaper articles discussing possible reductions in police numbers in County Tipperary as things had quietened down. 

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/ireland/

Blue

Online Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 24 June 18 12:01 BST (UK) »
Mary or Maria Treacy/Trac(e)y's father was a labourer called Patrick and she was from Killea according to the 1871 marriage record. One of the witnesses was a Stephen Treacy. Possible death entry for her father Patrick at Killea in 1891 informant is son Stephen Treacy:-

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1891/06062/4728374.pdf

Patrick's wife, Mary/Maria's mother Mary died in 1885:-

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1885/06287/4801471.pdf

Mary was born at Coolcormack, County Tipperary to Patrick Tracy and Mary Armstrong and baptised on 30 Aug 1836:-

https://registers.nli.ie/pages/vtls000632698_011

Mary/Maria's brother Stephen Treacy on Irish census records at Killea, County Tipperary:-

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai003902514/

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai003356217/

Blue

Offline wise1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 25 June 18 17:57 BST (UK) »
Barmouth Street Liverpool!

Seems to pop up a lot ! Anyone have electoral rolls ? Or is that a trip to the Liverpool Library ?

Thanks so far

Online Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 25 June 18 19:57 BST (UK) »
The Liverpool electoral registers are online and available to view free at all Liverpool libraries, the later the records the more people you will find on there. You can search in five year intervals. For the years in between you need to use the browse facility, a longer process, you need to locate the ward and polling district for the street and try to determine where it may appear in a large batch of records. I looked at the Liverpool street directories on Family Search (I don't have any subscriptions at the moment) unfortunately it's one of those streets the compilers overlooked. Here is a link to the electoral registers on Ancestry:-   

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=61319

Blue