Author Topic: Flannery, Thomas or Lily (Lillian?, Elizabeth?), phone records, word of mouth  (Read 461 times)

Offline colturk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this. I posted this for Cheshire but my area of interest is general Manchester - forgive me, I'm from the USA and not familiar with the lay of the land there - I hope I have the right idea. My father was born in Birmingham in 1947 to a Teresa Flannery, formerly D'Arcy, but was promptly put up for adoption a year later. The birth cert only lists Teresa Flannery and says "father unknown". We have connected with relatives via DNA that have confirmed that Teresa Flannery had two children before my father - Thomas and Lily. They were likely born in the early 1940's or late 1930's. We are visiting relatives in Dublin and Birmingham in October and hoping to find Thomas, Lily, or anyone related to them because they are my father's half-siblings (at the least). Anything is so very appreciated.  :)

Cheers,
colturk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Flannery, Thomas or Lily (Lillian?, Elizabeth?), phone records, word of mouth
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 June 18 08:17 BST (UK) »
www.192.com
Thomas
Flannery
Manchester
one result around aged 25 - may be related ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Flannery, Thomas or Lily (Lillian?, Elizabeth?), phone records, word of mouth
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 June 18 09:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Colturk,

I have just moved your topic to Lancashire because this is the historic county for Lancashire.

RootsChat is a website for researching our historic ancestry and not for searching for living folk. Please have a look at this topic with some suggestions on where to start

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=261434.0

All the best

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 June 18 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Colturk

Welcome to Rootschat.

I have found a birth for a Thomas with mother's maiden name D'Arcy born in 1939 Salford which is the next city to Manchester. His surname was not given as Flannery. I am not putting the full name on here in case he is still alive.

He might not be the correct one but there again, he might be!

Please make a couple more posts so that you will then be able to send and receive personal messages.

Heather