Author Topic: Photo recognition Elizabeth Dunn ?  (Read 3763 times)

Offline DrDude45

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great minds... go unappreciated.
    • View Profile
Re: Photo recognition Elizabeth Dunn ?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 June 18 18:50 BST (UK) »
This looks like a generational photo set. 

From first to second here's what it looks like to me:

The mother of the 3 in the first (who's holding the baby) holds the grandchild in the second.

The boy on the left looks to be the man on the left. His head shape, jaw line, and distinctive nose seem to match up.

The standing girl looks to be the girl all the way to the right. Jawline, larger, rounding forehead, eye shape & point and nose all look to match up.

Probably the infant is the girl to the right of the immediate right of the woman holding the baby. Her head shape and squarer jaw line seem to match up but this is a bit harder. This could be the mans wife, but the seating does not seem to imply that. Traditionally in my family, in the generational photographs they did, the husbands and wives are next to each other, so she would be seated directly next to him if they were married and that was their child.

Just my 2 cents.
I just like to do photo restores.

Offline chrisdyer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 June 18 20:33 BST (UK) »

The mother of the 3 in the first (who's holding the baby) holds the grandchild in the second.

The boy on the left looks to be the man on the left. His head shape, jaw line, and distinctive nose seem to match up.

The standing girl looks to be the girl all the way to the right. Jawline, larger, rounding forehead, eye shape & point and nose all look to match up.

Probably the infant is the girl to the right of the immediate right of the woman holding the baby. Her head shape and squarer jaw line seem to match up but this is a bit harder. This could be the mans wife, but the seating does not seem to imply that. Traditionally in my family, in the generational photographs they did, the husbands and wives are next to each other, so she would be seated directly next to him if they were married and that was their child.

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you. The man on the left in the second photo is my grandfather & if the woman holding the children is his mother then the boy on the left in the first photo would be my grandfather's older brother. the child in the second photo is my grandfather's daughter & his wife is the one on the far right.

Offline DrDude45

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 22 June 18 21:19 BST (UK) »

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you. The man on the left in the second photo is my grandfather & if the woman holding the children is his mother then the boy on the left in the first photo would be my grandfather's older brother. the child in the second photo is my grandfather's daughter & his wife is the one on the far right.

Ah, my bad. Not knowing the family and going with what visual info is given and my own family's way of styling their photos, I gave my opinion. Still uncanny likenesses to me either way.

Offline chrisdyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 22 June 18 22:06 BST (UK) »

Just my 2 cents.

Ah, my bad. Not knowing the family and going with what visual info is given and my own family's way of styling their photos, I gave my opinion. Still uncanny likenesses to me either way.

I thought you did really well, thank you. I don't have any other photos - yet- of my grandmother when she was young so the one on the right may not be her, so you may be right. Thank you very much for your 2 cents!

Offline DrDude45

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 June 18 00:53 BST (UK) »
Perhaps a quick photo clean would help a bit?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 23 June 18 01:16 BST (UK) »
What ever about her face being similar her hands are a dead giveaway, not too many women have hands that size.

Offline chrisdyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 23 June 18 07:13 BST (UK) »
What ever about her face being similar her hands are a dead giveaway, not too many women have hands that size.
You're right. Would never have noticed that. Thank you

Offline chrisdyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 23 June 18 07:14 BST (UK) »

Yes please. Thank you

Offline chrisdyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 28 July 18 09:37 BST (UK) »

Yes please. Thank you
Are you able to clean it up please?