Author Topic: Details from a marriage  (Read 722 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Details from a marriage
« on: Friday 22 June 18 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hello,

The marriage is between John Andrews and Rebecca Eatwell, in 1772, in Compton Bassett. I don't have details for either - no births or deaths. Maybe the parishes mentioned would help. Could anyone look for me?

Thanks,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Details from a marriage
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 June 18 15:15 BST (UK) »

from findmypast

11 April 1772 at Compton Bassett
John Andrews  lab
Rebecca Eatwell sp  otp
Wit=Law Breach / Richard Hammond

There is no other info and no image.

Kim

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 June 18 15:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks! Are there any baptisms for the pair in the parish? I don't have burials either.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 June 18 15:37 BST (UK) »
Their daughter Patience married Thomas Andrews of Bremhill, so I'm inclined to believe that they were cousins, and that John Andrews was born in Bremhill in 1748.