Author Topic: joy moule lattimer/lattimore  (Read 3991 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: joy moule lattimer/lattimore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 June 18 02:00 BST (UK) »
I don't have a copy of the Western Australia Marriage Act of 1894, but I am confident that the WA law would have required someone other than the bride to give consent to that marriage, afterall, she had not yet reached majority and therefore was not yet old enough to give consent herself.  I wonder if the clergy recorded that detail on the original register. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 June 18 06:07 BST (UK) »

In considering the mother of Joy, you give this -

"...may beatrice or beatrice may  moule lattimer/lattimore, born 1887  sandhurst victoria "

"..was she adopted by the woman who was know as her mother"
Is this woman the same May Beatrice LATTIMER / LATTIMORE, and you doubt that she really is the mother of Joy...….

Or is there a second woman, so far unnamed by you, and believed to be the birth mother of Joy?

What names do you see for witnesses on the marriage certificate, 1936, WA?

Offline yasi123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 30 June 18 01:52 BST (UK) »
apologies

often i google names to see if i can find any thing, or trove

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 30 June 18 02:10 BST (UK) »
apologies

often i google names to see if i can find any thing, or trove

Deidre this reply doesn't make sense.  If you are having problems logging in with your original user name JACKEROO and another name Dee King, then you could ask a moderator for assistance to possibly merge all three accounts.

Are these people relatives or are you helping someone else?

Sparrett, wivenhoe and I asked you questions.  Could you please attempt to answer them.

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 30 June 18 04:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,

In the 1894 WA Marriage Act the Third Schedule had two forms that covered the marriage of minors, one that covered a consent from a father, mother or guardian and another that was used by a JP.

For JP consents the JP was required to certify that they have researched the facts and circumstances of the case and that there were no valid reasons for not approving the marriage. 

Both forms were under the Third Schedule of the Act.

"Form of Consent of Father Mother of Guardian to Marriage of Minors"

or

"Form of Consent of Justice of the Peace to Marriage of Minor"

The Minister or District Registrar would also have to certify in another form as per the Fourth Schedule that written consent was given to the marriage.

"Form of Endorsement of Consent to Marriage of Minor upon a Certificate of Marriage"

Gerry

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 30 June 18 08:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gerry,

So I would anticipate the clery should have recorded who gave that consent and their authority to so do.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline kermie62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 30 June 18 13:56 BST (UK) »

In considering the mother of Joy, you give this -

"...may beatrice or beatrice may  moule lattimer/lattimore, born 1887  sandhurst victoria "

"..was she adopted by the woman who was know as her mother"
Is this woman the same May Beatrice LATTIMER / LATTIMORE, and you doubt that she really is the mother of Joy...….

Or is there a second woman, so far unnamed by you, and believed to be the birth mother of Joy?

What names do you see for witnesses on the marriage certificate, 1936, WA?

The woman who is stated as the mother of Joy Lattimer/Lattimore  MOULE/BERG on the trove notices was May Beatrice LATTIMORE/BERG/MOULE.
eg On July 29, 1944, at Kalgoorlie, Elizabeth, widow of the late Frank Lattimore; beloved mother of Frank, May, Stanley and Roy; mother-in-law of Martin and Eileen and grandmother of Joy and Tom; aged 80 years.

Joy was told she was adopted  and I have discovered that a second child Thomas Bruce BERG (Born 22 December 1926 was also adopted by Msay. A Birth certificate can also not be found for him.

Questions to be answered::

1) Is May the mother of one or both of the two children (Joy and Thomas) who hid this due to the perceived stigma(Joy swas born before May's first marriage, Thomas was born after the first marraige but before the second at a time it appears May may have been estranged.

2) Are Thomas and Joy brother and sister despite age difference (10 years)

3) Were both Joy and Thomas adopted at the same time or was it two actions by Joy.

And ultimately

Who were the parents of Joy and Thomas

There were no witnesses listed on the marriage certificate.

The marriage was at the Churches of Christ Kalgoorlie

I am trying to get access to the registers, I have spoken to a local historian without success.

Offline kermie62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 30 June 18 13:59 BST (UK) »

So I would anticipate the clery should have recorded who gave that consent and their authority to so do.

JM

Thanks Gerry,

I am trying to find where the registers are now as this information is not on the marraige certificate

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 30 June 18 15:06 BST (UK) »

Hi JM,

You are correct a statement of content contained in the Fourth Schedule shall be endorsed on each register form.

Paragraph 10

"Whenever any marriage is celebrated upon the production of any such consent as aforesaid**, a statement of the fact of such consent, in the form contained in the Fourth Schedule to this Act shall be endorsed on each register form of such marriage required to be made by the law regulating the registration of marriages, and shall be signed by the minister or district registrar celebrating such marriage."

My added asterisks.

** This refers to paragraph 9 which relates to minors wanting to get marriedand the forms used as per the Third Schedule that I mentioned in my first post, ie, signed by father, mother or guardian or a JP.

Fourth Schedule.
"Form of Endorsement of Consent to Marriage of Minor upon a Certificate of Marriage."

I certify that the consent of (name in full, residence and occupation) the (father, mother or guardian) of (name in full, residence and occupation, if any) a minor, or of (name in full of.................) a Justice of the Peace, was given to the marriage to the parties named in this certificate.
                                      (signature of Minister or District Registrar)

Gerry