Author Topic: Agnes Cowan / McInnes (?) - Frustrating Lack Of Success  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Cowan / McInnes (?) - Frustrating Lack Of Success
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 30 June 18 14:42 BST (UK) »
This is just a quickie but was there no indication of relationship/neighbour or other for Daniel Carlton or an address?

May be worth looking for Agnes under surname Carlton, may not have married & if he predeceased her then whoever registered her death may not have known her maiden name?

It's scraping the barrel I know  ???

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Ian Cowan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Cowan / McInnes (?) - Frustrating Lack Of Success
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 01 July 18 13:43 BST (UK) »
Annie

Please ignore all references to Daniel Carlton - I very carelessly read the wrong line on the death certificate. Elizabeth McInnes's death was reported by her brother, Archibald Cowan from Paisley.

My apologies

When Elizabeth died Agnes would only have been 18, and I wonder if she would have been fostered to another relative or gone into service somewhere. There were various relatives living in Paisley and I will now search Valuation Rolls for clues. Plus, Agnes Irons nee Wlson, who was a sister of Agnes Cowan's natural mother Margaret Cowan nee Wilson was at that time living in Chicago with her husband James Irons. I will also check passenger lists to see if Agnes Cowan / McInnes was shipped out to the States.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Ian
Cowan family from Paisley, Scotland