Author Topic: Wigston burials, 17th century  (Read 1632 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wigston burials, 17th century
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 30 June 18 22:02 BST (UK) »
Now looking for a christening for Mary Jackson, daughter of Dennis, around 1615 in Wigston. As well as burials for her parents, Dennis and Elizabeth Jackson.

Also looking for burials for William Wallis and Joan Noone, who were married in Wigston in 1572.  Christening for their daughter Elizabeth if one exists.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline horse000

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ironbridge from the bridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 01 July 18 07:26 BST (UK) »

Also looking for burials for William and Joan Noone, who were married in Wigston in 1572.

Hi

Just wondering if that is William Walles & Joane Noone, married 16 July 1572.. Wigston Magna?

Geoff

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 01 July 18 08:30 BST (UK) »
Sorry - brain freeze! Yes, that is the marriage.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 01 July 18 15:19 BST (UK) »
Marie Darkson (Jackson), daughter of Denis, baptised on 7th April 1611

Also Elizabeth Jackson on 13th March 1613 and Thomas Johnson (more like Jackson) on 23rd February 1616.

There is a burial of David Jackson on 7th November 1636. The first name is unclear and more like Denis.

Elizabeth Jackon (Jackson), widdow, on 18th February 1640.

Elizabeth Wallys, dau of William baptised on 23rd November 1579.

David

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 01 July 18 15:20 BST (UK) »
That's terrific! Thank you so much.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 04 July 18 22:01 BST (UK) »
Can anyone find a will for Dennis Jackson in 1636? I'd like to read a transcript, if one exists. Hopefully making a reference to his son-in-law, Robert Brewin/Bruin.

Offline ScoobySn4x

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 September 20 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hi - possibly a little late to the party but there is a will for Denys's wife Elizabeth Jackson in 1640 which mentions '...Richard, ye sonne of Robert Brewin a salting trough and unto his daughter Elizabeth the [same?] a featherbed a warming pan and a boulster'. It also mentions the daughters of William Noone, possibly confirming that her mother was from the Noone family too.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 26 September 20 17:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks! I had read a transcription, but not the will. You’re right on the money about the Noone family. I’ll have to review my file, but there was a connection there.

Offline susieroe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 28 September 20 09:37 BST (UK) »
Hi MacGrigor. We are related then, through the Brewins and Pawleys! I've written up about them. This is my blog:

https://ourkeatsfamilystory.blogspot.com/

Hope you find it interesting, and if you have any corrections let me know.  :)

Roe,Wells, Bent, Kemp, Weston
Bruin, Gillam, Hurd/Heard, Timson, All in Leicestershire. Keats (Kates)

https://ourkeatsfamilystory.blogspot.com/