Author Topic: bridge farm house ibstock  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: bridge farm house ibstock
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 July 18 03:56 BST (UK) »
Also can you find out who John William cooper married for me please I do seem to Remeber a Sarah from Stanton under bardon.
Thanks
Ste

There is a marriage of a John William Cooper to Sarah Cooper  Sept Qtr 1890   Market Bosworth   Vol 7a Page 173 and looking at the GRO Birth Index this looks like the birth of their first child Alice
ALICE  COOPER Mothers Maiden Name   COOPER     
GRO Ref 1890  Dec Qrtr  MARKET BOSWORTH  Vol 07A  Page 83

John William and Sarah in 1891 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:W8RS-GPZ and Sarah in 1871 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VFT6-G2M

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 July 18 01:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Kay
Thanks for doing that for me that's the one I remembered Sarah it was some time ago now I'm reading the book called the last Tudor by Gregory any way dads relative has said from lady Jane grey and the Dudleys there's a connection to my mothers side some Lord or some thing have tryed to follow it but can't really make out what Susan is trying to tell me but now have found the follow up book called the Tudor secret there was a orphan child he's trying to find out about his family and were he fits in I'm thinking this is were my mums family come in .
Ste

Offline Artypie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 July 18 18:44 BST (UK) »
Bwahahaha turns out I do know that farmhouse, it's near my house. it's now called Homebridge Farm and it is technically in Ellistown. The parish is Ibstock.

Your Joseph Cooper in 1901 is living at Billabarrow, not Bills Arrow..... Billabarra Lane as it is now called is just off the A511, not far from the Flying Horse pub/restaurant. I have been there many a time, as there is a Miner's Welfare Club down there and my O.H. is an ex-miner.
Platts - Morrell - Smith - Humphrey - Hancock - Heritage - Wilkins - Satchell/Satchel - Brooks/Brookes - James - Brown - Wardle - Hall - Croson/Croston - Davis/Davies - Fox - Humber - Sibson - Cooke/Cook -Chapman - Musson - Mountney - Ward - Cullen - Mumford/Mumfoot - Hoverd - Scriven/Scrivins - Ward - Harvey - Groombridge - Bullock - Holt - Harris - Cooper - May - Downs

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 July 18 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hi arty
Yep it's no longer open what a shame I loved in there as well I know Ibstock pretty well my self used to use the club in the green area .i used to live at st Christopher's caravan site some years ago any way I know about my family living at pleasent view farm back then now the equestrian Center a mates uncle brought it duffield dairy I know Andy well from school I was at King ed then .
Ste

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 27 July 18 23:36 BST (UK) »
We walk round there some times with the dogs also use Redgate farm

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 27 July 18 23:41 BST (UK) »
Most of those names down below like cooper, mounteney and some others are from my mums side of the family as well .mums cousin is doing that side she's doing a book on them.
Ste

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 27 July 18 23:49 BST (UK) »
Sibson
That's my mums cousin josy cooper ( sibson) her father was William sibson sweet confectioner Markfield she married mums cousin Geoff cooper her mother was Harriet cooper ( sibson)  I have all that .ward was Mary cooper mother of our Charles cooper who married Elizabeth Geary Charles father Thomas cooper he came from Barlestone .im looking for the connection from Elizabeth Geary to the Geary family at Dadlington.if you find it let know .
Thanks
Ste