Author Topic: James Negus - England-Canada-England  (Read 908 times)

Offline Lance Matthews

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
James Negus - England-Canada-England
« on: Friday 29 June 18 14:20 BST (UK) »
I am searching for Jean born 1950's, in Sussex. She married James 1970's, in England. About this time they went to Canada and spent 8 years there, before returning home to England. They had 2 children, called T & J. I can find nothing for this family.  Appreciate that I may need to take this off line. If I got the emigration and immigration dates, it would be fantastic.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Negus - England-Canada-England
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 June 18 14:26 BST (UK) »
Rootschat has a no living persons policy so the names of people who are probably still living are not allowed

There is no marriage in England nor any birth in 1953 in Sussex

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Please do not post requests asking for help to find (possibly) living relatives or friends.
RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living.
Even with permission from the subject of a post we would seriously advise against giving too much information as to betray their identity.

You can find some tips for searching for living people on these RootsChat topics:
RootsChat Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
RootsChat Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 June 18 15:00 BST (UK) »
If they went to Canada after 1970 there is a good chance that they flew there.  There are no passenger lists for Aircraft.  Online ship passenger lists end before this date
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 June 18 16:56 BST (UK) »
As Rosie in dicated there are no passenger lists to cover this period.  Interestingly there is a Jean (housewife)  and James Negus (labourer)- Canada Voters List- Victoria; Haliburton, Ontario-  1974 - 64 Sussex Street South  ??? 

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada