Author Topic: William and Margaret Round Gosforth.  (Read 1983 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William and Margaret Round Gosforth.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 05 July 18 13:51 BST (UK) »
This is an interesting piece on the Gosforth history Gadget. :)  No doubt the Brandling pub on the High Street is named after them too - at least so I presume?

Steve perhaps if you email someone at the Church they might be able to provide you with a grave site for your ancestors and let you know if there might be grave stone(s) on their plots.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 05 July 18 13:58 BST (UK) »
The Brandling Arms?  I would think so. There was also Job Bulman who built many of the houses around the High Street area -  the Wetherspoons pub just by the park/cricket ground (South-North)  is named for him!

Gadget

PS - Steve - all the contact info is on the bottom of the home page of the website.
http://www.gosforthparishchurch.org.uk/
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline stevej60

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 05 July 18 23:45 BST (UK) »
Many many thank's RTL and Gadgett for all the information,I'll try the church to see if they have
any detail's and let you know,we still ponder where Lorenzo Dennison(to give him his full name)
got his name William was a butcher's son from Dudley and Margaret a miners daughter from
Teesdale,that said their first child who sadly died was christened Lorenza Ammia Round.
Bland(Chester-le-street) Round(Dudley/Durham)Kirton(Gateshead)
Smith(Gateshead)Littleton(Sacriston)
Wayman(Cambs&Newcastle)Green(Lincs)Smith(bucks)
Watson(Gilling west & Gateshead)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 12 July 18 11:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,

I have checked the St Nicholas, Gosforth burials over 1960 and 1961 for Lorenzo and unfortunately he is definitely not buried there.  I wonder if he might be buried where he died in Berwick? 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline stevej60

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 July 18 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi RTL,many thank's for checking,it is possible he is buried in Berwick,he's not in Chester le street
where the his brother (my Gt Grandfather) is buried.
Bland(Chester-le-street) Round(Dudley/Durham)Kirton(Gateshead)
Smith(Gateshead)Littleton(Sacriston)
Wayman(Cambs&Newcastle)Green(Lincs)Smith(bucks)
Watson(Gilling west & Gateshead)