Author Topic: Andrew Earl Craven b 3 Apr 1891 McGillivray  (Read 991 times)

Offline Nancy Scarborough

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Earl Craven b 3 Apr 1891 McGillivray
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 August 18 17:36 BST (UK) »
Your infor is good and it looks like we are cousins!
Yes - Uncle Andy and Aunt Jean died quite a while ago.  After his death, my Dad was pretty upset to say the least that Aunt Jean's family saw no value in the HISTORICAL family bible and threw if out!  Also other treasures like a violin and photos etc.
I did some tracing on Ancestry.com and went back to the date of when Richard and Jane left England. I think they had only been married for a couple or months.  I found their marriage certificate as well.  I need to subscribe to Ancestry International and I can go back and print it out!  So exciting.  And I did see that her maiden name was Wind - we were told it was Wynn years ago. They are in a not in print any more history book that I found on line.  It tells of their landing in Canada and buying the property in McGillivray Twp.  and their "adventures.  Pretty exciting stuff.  The Craven's were an adventurous bunch!   
And yes, that's my Grandpa - January 7th.  His wife - my Dad's mom died when she was something like 37 years old of appendicitis.  My Dad was 15 and his brothers Harvey was about 10 and Gordon was only about 5.  Very sad.  He remarried to a not so loving woman who had and favored her own children.  My Dad and uncles were sweet guys in spite of it all.  We have a neat little family history I think.  And thank goodness for forums like this and Ancestry.com!

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Earl Craven b 3 Apr 1891 McGillivray
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 August 18 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Nancy,
Have sent you a personal message so that we can tie up the loose ends.
Yes this is a wonderful site for breaking through 'brick walls' and the people here have helped me considerably over several years but I have had little success with Ancestry's forums.
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.