Author Topic: Neave of Needham Market  (Read 208 times)

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Neave of Needham Market
« on: Sunday 01 July 18 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Try as I might I just can not locate either a baptism or marriage for Thomas Neave. He married a Susan and they had 11 children all baptized in Needham Market between 1729 and 1759.

I can't locate a baptism entry or his marriage although I am aware the Neave name does go back a good few years in Barking and Needham Market.

Thanks in advance.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Neave of Needham Market
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 23:00 BST (UK) »
There are Neaves in my late husband's tree but they were originally Le Neave, and if I remember correctly they were living in or near Norwich when I first  came across them.  I will check the FT to see if they ever arrived at Needham Market!

Regards
GS
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Neave of Needham Market
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 July 18 20:35 BST (UK) »
I have a feeling my Neave comes from the Needham/Barking area of Suffolk as there are Neave's there that go back years to the 1500s if not earlier so I would be surprised he was from Norfolk but thanks for looking.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)